• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Agreed!
    And to put a capper on that I just received my 'Other Publishers' grab bag from Lividian. For those who are not aware Lividian offered a grab bag to Patreon subscribers to clear out space. The bag would be 3 to 5 books with a retail value of $250 to $300 and sold for $150. Well, I received 5 books with a retail value of $350. I received 1 duplicate. 2 books I have come close to ordering and am very interested in. 2 from an author others praise but my limited experience has been mixed, so I have wanted to try more. This purchase greatly exceeded my expectations!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I love your updates. Blood Meridian looks like a homerun and a book that many will kick themselves for passing on. Personally I kick myself for missing out on the The Road. Now that one is out of my reach.

The touch of adding the mylar to the numbered edition really makes sense. Glad to see Paul and team still thinking through these productions. Very thoughtful folks at Suntup.
    I think Suntup and Lividian are thinking outside the box to offer unique book experiences and I really appreciate both of their efforts.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats on everything, but most especially BLOOD MERIDIAN…what a stunning volume. I have few Suntup regrets, but passing on that one is certainly one of them.

R.e. paper brightness: You know who I think had the best paper brightness? Ash Tree Press. There was a particular muted creaminess to their paper that just felt soothing on the eyes…reading one of their books felt relaxing and almost luxurious. Such a small detail can make such a difference.
    I have not read seen anything from Ash Tree Press but I completely agree. That small detail makes a world of difference to my reading experience.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

2022 is going to be a fun year on Mr. Freemans Patreon!
    Agreed!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I love your updates. Blood Meridian looks like a homerun and a book that many will kick themselves for passing on. Personally I kick myself for missing out on the The Road. Now that one is out of my reach.

The touch of adding the mylar to the numbered edition really makes sense. Glad to see Paul and team still thinking through these productions. Very thoughtful folks at Suntup.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Guests by Kealan Patrick Burke (Suntup Limited Edition):
    This one included a Suntup coaster which was included with a previous book that I passed on. Gladd to have it. This one also has a mylar dust jacket. I would like all the Suntup limited editions with cloth boards to include these.
    DSC_1486.JPGDSC_1487.JPGDSC_1488.JPGDSC_1489.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Guests by Kealan Patrick Burke (Suntup Artist Edition)
    I have read the first three stories and am debating f I want to read them together with Guests or just read Guests. I will probably read them together here.
    DSC_1482.JPGDSC_1483.JPGDSC_1484.JPGDSC_1485.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo (Suntup Artist Edition):
    I was very excited when Suntup offered this book. It is a book that has been on my radar for years, and I have read a lot about the book and the author, but I have never read the book. This edition will be my first read.
    DSC_1476.JPGDSC_1477.JPGDSC_1479.JPGDSC_1480.JPGDSC_1481.JPG

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats on everything, but most especially BLOOD MERIDIAN…what a stunning volume. I have few Suntup regrets, but passing on that one is certainly one of them.

R.e. paper brightness: You know who I think had the best paper brightness? Ash Tree Press. There was a particular muted creaminess to their paper that just felt soothing on the eyes…reading one of their books felt relaxing and almost luxurious. Such a small detail can make such a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    More Blood Meridian:
    DSC_1470.JPGDSC_1471.JPGDSC_1472.JPGDSC_1473.JPGDSC_1474.JPGDSC_1475.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy (Sunup Limited)
    The creativity and attention to detail on this edition is nothing short of spectacular. In photos this book looks fragile. When holding it you realize it is a very sturdy book. Small details like the case having a slanted floor to allow the book to sit level add to the beauty of the book.
    DSC_1466.JPGDSC_1467.JPGDSC_1468.JPGDSC_1469.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The Island of Doctor Moreau (Suntup Limited):
    This one included the Letterpress Printing pamphlet which had been distributed in the past. I passed on the previous book that this come with, so I am glad to add it to my collection.
    DSC_1461.JPGDSC_1462.JPGDSC_1463.JPGDSC_1464.JPGDSC_1465.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Ghoul 'N the Cape by Josh Malerman:
    Apparently, I ordered this one early enough to qualify for the bonus shot glass.
    DSC_1449.JPGDSC_1450.JPGDSC_1451.JPGDSC_1452.JPGDSC_1453.JPG
    I have two issues with this book. The first is personal as that my wrist is still healing from surgery and the book is too large to hold without pain. The second is that Earthling's choice to use bright white paper is a real negative for me. I recently read 'Boys in the Valley'. As much as I loved the story the eyestrain made me happy to get to the end. This book is probably three times the length and I really can't imagine reading it on that paper. I love what Earthling is doing but the choice of paper is a large enough of an issue for me that it factors into my purchase decision.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Nice Hill additions...very cool variety (especially jealous of that chapbook).

That reminds, me, I still need to pick up RADIANT APPLES!
    Radiant Apples is a fun read. It is a step below Paradise Sky but that is a high bar!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great additions. Recently added the Hill items and the ARC myself.
    2022 is going to be a fun year on Mr. Freemans Patreon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X