No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot Martin love the new stuff.Great grab bag.

Comment

Sweet grab bag Martin and I love the uncut version as well but I have not read the shorter version yet

Comment

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I know the the uncut version cheapens the sacrifice of Larry, Glenn, and Ralph with Flagg being reborn as Russell Faraday--it takes a superb morality tale and recasts it as a hopeless quest for peace and serenity; and that it leaves little details of the 70's and 80's in a story of the 90's, making the book and veryu bumpy ride; and that I seriously doubt King predicted AIDS in 1978, so it couldn't be the way it was originally intended; and that the scene between Frannie and her dead father before burying him was the only worthwhile addition to the work; and that the scene between the Kid and Tom Cullen was gratuitous and completely unnecessary; and while King obviously wants The Stand to be remembered as the complete and uncut version, he never went back and rewote W&G to have Roland and his Ka-tet enter Topeka of 1996 (so it's the 1978 version that's most important to the DT series); and I could go on and on, but there's really no point. King is allowed a vanity project every now and again (can't think of someone more deserving), but it doesn't make it better.

Anyway, glad to see you got a copy of the original for your collection.
          Thank you! I thought I was the only one who hated the Uncut edition. I re-read The Stand several times from 1978 until 1988, then read the Uncut edition and have never had the desire to re-read either edition again. The Uncut version ruined the book for me. I may someday re-read the original, but you summed up my exact feelings about the Uncut. Most people didn't seem to notice the shitty job of updating it to 1990, but I thought the changes were so poorly done---and unnecessary---that it ruined any possible enjoyment.

Hunter

Comment

We all get a little carried away sometimes

Carrie-Stephen-King_dl.jpg
            Last edited by Tommy; 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Sometimes?????

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have yet to read The Stand. Not sure if I will get around to it in the near future, because firstly, I don't own, second, I have so much more to tackle right now. I would like to get to it one day.

Nice adds again. Also, the bookmarks are pretty cool. The one thing I like about buying books at Chapters is they give you a free bookmark with your book.
                  Last edited by TJCams; 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

The Stand is a must read in my view, don't wait too long.
                    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                    I have yet to read The Stand. Not sure if I will get around to it in the near future, because firstly, I don't own, second, I have so much more to tackle right now. I would like to get to it one day.

Nice adds again. Also, the bookmarks are pretty cool. The one thing I like about buying books at Chapters is they give you a free bookmark with your book.

Comment

Here is my copy of Beneath the Bed:

P1230775.jpg

Thanks again to Mr. Kelly, this was a cool promotion!

Comment

Peter Straub's Floating Dragon in the October Dreams Slipcase:

P1230776.jpgP1230777.jpgP1230778.jpgP1230779.jpgP1230780.jpg

Comment

Cool. Thanks for posting the pics with the slipcase.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

LOVE the Floating Dragon limited.
                            It's one of my favorite Straub's, so I have no idea why I didn't order a copy....

sk

Comment

Floating Dragon is a Straub story that I have not read so I am happy to add this to my collection.
                              Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              LOVE the Floating Dragon limited.
                              It's one of my favorite Straub's, so I have no idea why I didn't order a copy....

sk

Comment

That is one book I would love to grab one day, Straub has never disappointed me yet, and I have not read that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X