No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also received a couple of ARCs from Mr. Freeman that I am looking forward to:
    P1230207.jpgP1230208.jpg

Comment

I managed to score one ARC from ebay:
      P1230222.jpg

Comment

My library has a room that people donate books into and then the library sells them, $1.00 each for hardbacks or .50 each for paperbacks. This copy of The Strain for $1.00:
        P1230204.jpgP1230205.jpgP1230206.jpg

Comment

I also received a new Chapbook from our friends at CD:
          P1230220.jpgP1230221.jpg

Comment

My bookshelves had a good week but the topper was receiving Shadow Show:
            P1230223.jpgP1230224.jpgP1230225.jpgP1230226.jpgP1230227.jpg

Comment

Congratz on your terric grab bag adds and Shadow Show!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Martin, that 'Shadow Show' is very nice. Some great signatures.

Comment

My copy of Shadow show now sits next to another Gauntlet signed limited.He is Legend.Great adds sir.

Comment

Went to Powell's today looking for the new Paperback editions of a couple of Kealan Patrick Burke books. Struck out on those but did pick up a couple of Stephen King oddities. Nothing really special but I thought they were cool.
                    First is Masques II - Featuring Popsy by Stephen King:
                    P1230228.jpgP1230229.jpgP1230232.jpgP1230233.jpgP1230234.jpgP1230235.jpg

Comment

Next was a little paperback called Fantasy Annual IV Featuring The Monkey by Stephen King. I have the Gallery magazine that this story first appeared in. I bought this one because I thought the cover art was cool.
                      P1230236.jpgP1230239.jpgP1230240.jpgP1230241.jpg

They had a book in their rare book room that I almost bought. I may head back there later in the week to pick that one up.

Comment

Cool! I like the Timescape series of books, one of favorite fantasy titles was published under it. I see no artist is credited for the cover art. And I assume that you've already decided to get the "rare" book since you didn't give the title!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

No author is credited but the initials LAP are contained in the art. I have not decided to get it but am heavily leaning towards getting it.
                          Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Cool! I like the Timescape series of books, one of favorite fantasy titles was published under it. I see no artist is credited for the cover art. And I assume that you've already decided to get the "rare" book since you didn't give the title!

Comment

I thought it was LAF. maybe it is P...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I double checked and it is LAP.
                              Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              I thought it was LAF. maybe it is P...

Comment

I went back to Powell's and picked up the book that I had my eye on in the rare book room.

Actually they had four of interest but only one was within my budget. They still have a Signed 1st of Carrie for $2,700, a Signed 1st of The Stand for $2,125. And a Signed numbered edition of Dolans Cadillac, with a small smudge on the front for $500.

I settled for a 1st Trade edition of Cycle of the Werewolf from The Land of Enchantment Press. It is in good shape with some damage to one corner of the dust jacket. I took some duplicates I had for trade and ended up paying less than $100 out of pocket.

P1230242.jpgP1230243.jpgP1230244.jpgP1230245.jpgP1230246.jpgP1230247.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X