• Martin
    replied
    The undistributed alternate review copy was Carrie:
    IMG_0954~photo.JPG
    IMG_0953~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Cemetery Dance recently offered a Stephen King Grab to the CDCC. The set was to include:
    1. One signed Stephen King Limited Edition (PC)
    2. A rare, previously undistributed review copy with alternate cover artwork for one of our acclaimed Stephen King projects -- we changed direction on the cover and never sent out the review copies with this original design!
    3. One of the earliest Cemetery Dance Publications books ever published!
    4. A Cemetery Dance magazine hardcover Limited Edition
    5. A Grave Tales comic hardcover Limited Edition
    Here is how I did.
    The early publication was:
    • Passion Play by Richard Matheson signed PC of 1,000
    IMG_0962~photo.JPG
    IMG_0963~photo.JPG
    The Hardbound Magazine was issue 52:
    IMG_0957~photo.JPG
    IMG_0955~photo.JPG
    I failed to photograph the signature sheet but it contains 12 signatures.

The Hardcover Comic was Issue #6:
    IMG_0959~photo.JPG
    IMG_0958~photo.JPG
    My only duplicate in the bunch.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So I documented elsewhere a couple of FedEx orders that were delivered late. Well they are now both here and although not a book I wanted to share. I have been a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs since 1987 and while the team has had ups and downs during that time a few years ago they drafted Patrick Mahomes and everything changed. This year he led his team to a Super Bowl victory. I believe he will lead them to more as his career continues. I decided to purchase a signed ball from his first Super Bowl victory.
    IMG_0976~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
    I’m dumbfounded that I didn’t know about this book. My teenage son is a huge Doctor Who fan and I’m always looking for ways to engage him in reading rather than playing video games. I’ve also watched a few season with him so I understand the premise of the show. Plus I’m a pretty big Joe Hill fan and I’ve enjoyed Neil Gaiman’s works very much so it checks all the boxes for me. I was lucky enough to pick up a numbered copy at eBay auction this week for a reasonable price so I’ve now also added it to my collection. Thank you for sharing as I would not have known about this otherwise.
    Glad you have found it now. It probably will net get me to search out more Doctor Who but it was a decent read.

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    The story actually comes from a collection a few years back called 12 Doctors 12 Stories if you're interested in other similar stories.

ETA: My copy actually says 11 Doctors 11 Stories.
    I will check it out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
    I’m dumbfounded that I didn’t know about this book. My teenage son is a huge Doctor Who fan and I’m always looking for ways to engage him in reading rather than playing video games. I’ve also watched a few season with him so I understand the premise of the show. Plus I’m a pretty big Joe Hill fan and I’ve enjoyed Neil Gaiman’s works very much so it checks all the boxes for me. I was lucky enough to pick up a numbered copy at eBay auction this week for a reasonable price so I’ve now also added it to my collection. Thank you for sharing as I would not have known about this otherwise.
    The story actually comes from a collection a few years back called 12 Doctors 12 Stories if you're interested in other similar stories.

ETA: My copy actually says 11 Doctors 11 Stories.
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 05-23-2020, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Nothing O'Clock by Neil Gaiman:

So, I have to admit I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who. On top of that Neil Gaiman has been hot and miss for me. I considered this for the Joe Signature and Afterword when it was released but the price prevented me from purchasing it. Gauntlet recently offered PC copies at a discounted rate and I went for it.
    Am actually reading it now and am enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
    That Full Dark No Stars is a beauty
    I was fortunate enough to get it from a collector who kept it in 'NEW' condition!

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied
    That Full Dark No Stars is a beauty

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    The limit of three items messed up all of our plans for what to get signed. And as much as I would have liked to go through the line again, we’d probably still be in line today based on how many people were there.
    Right! And I was in total fanboy mode so wasn't thinking straight. My Uber drivers were pretty damn cool though

Now, back to Martin......

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Gonna hijack your thread for sec, Martin.

Jason, when I got back from that, I'd forgot I had I AM Legend in my bag from Folio that I wanted him to sign! He did the intro.
    The limit of three items messed up all of our plans for what to get signed. And as much as I would have liked to go through the line again, we’d probably still be in line today based on how many people were there.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Folio Society can definitely be hit or miss. But they really knocked it out of the park with I Am Legend. I still regret not being able to snag a copy of Folio's limited edition.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I thought Folio did a great job with that book, that's why I've pasted on some of the others that have come out since.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I thought Folio did a great job with that book, that's why I've pasted on some of the others that have come out since.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X