• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Very cool and a sweet story.
    As I am sure is no surprise to you, all the re-work I am doing in my home is with my wife in mind. I actually have a copper backsplash being custom made by a guy in Poland right now. It will be a permanent tribute to her in the kitchen. I will post photos when I have it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. I am generally not a completist either. Completing the King trade hardbound set actually became a thing when the King cases were set up. My wife asked if I had everything and I explained that there were a few I did not have. She could not understand how I could have this wall of books yet have a few not included. With that I began looking casually to complete the set. With the bookcase resets I am doing I decided to see if I can finalize this within reason and it worked out.
    Very cool and a sweet story.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Fantastic adds, Martin. I'm not a completist in most of my collecting. And for that, I'm grateful. Because if my brain insisted on it, I'd be on an endless hunt. I'll just enjoy vicariously!
    Thanks. I am generally not a completist either. Completing the King trade hardbound set actually became a thing when the King cases were set up. My wife asked if I had everything and I explained that there were a few I did not have. She could not understand how I could have this wall of books yet have a few not included. With that I began looking casually to complete the set. With the bookcase resets I am doing I decided to see if I can finalize this within reason and it worked out.
    Last edited by Martin; 07-09-2020, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats on completing the King HC set!
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Fantastic adds, Martin. I'm not a completist in most of my collecting. And for that, I'm grateful. Because if my brain insisted on it, I'd be on an endless hunt. I'll just enjoy vicariously!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats on completing the King HC set!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I have both the US and UK 'Salem's Illustration editions but I don't believe I've ever owned a true 1st. Like you, I don't actively seek out the older King books that I'm missing but will pick some up from classified ads now and again on the forums. Most of my passion these days is towards Hill collecting. Not as valuable but way more affordable.
    I am definitely more focused on Hill these days. I actually have my Lake Champlain sheet out for framing right now. Have two possible places to hang it when I get it back, it has been in a tube since it was released.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

I have all those but am not sure any are 1st/1st, the only one that may be is 'Salem's Lot. It appears my 1st/1st of the Green Mile hardcover is on a box somewhere, other than that one my cases are set-up. I moved the Dark Tower books to another case and I have room for 3 or 4 more books by King before I have to start storing them in other cases.

Unfortunately My Pretty Pony is just a tad too tall for these cases so it is with the Doubleday CD books.
    I have both the US and UK 'Salem's Illustration editions but I don't believe I've ever owned a true 1st. Like you, I don't actively seek out the older King books that I'm missing but will pick some up from classified ads now and again on the forums. Most of my passion these days is towards Hill collecting. Not as valuable but way more affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Most welcome. I meant to type if you're "not" too picky. I'd say those books of mine are probably VG+ or better. I still need Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, the original The Stand just to name a few.
    I have all those but am not sure any are 1st/1st, the only one that may be is 'Salem's Lot. It appears my 1st/1st of the Green Mile hardcover is on a box somewhere, other than that one my cases are set-up. I moved the Dark Tower books to another case and I have room for 3 or 4 more books by King before I have to start storing them in other cases.

Unfortunately My Pretty Pony is just a tad too tall for these cases so it is with the Doubleday CD books.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Thanks. These were 'good enough' for my needs. Nice to have the King Trade Hardbacks set complete. I will list out what are not 1st/1st next and then gradually replace them.
    Most welcome. I meant to type if you're "not" too picky. I'd say those books of mine are probably VG+ or better. I still need Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, the original The Stand just to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Nice pick ups, Martin. They can be had for sure if you're too picky about condition for reasonable prices. I still need to add a pony back myself.
    Thanks. These were 'good enough' for my needs. Nice to have the King Trade Hardbacks set complete. I will list out what are not 1st/1st next and then gradually replace them.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice pick ups, Martin. They can be had for sure if you're too picky about condition for reasonable prices. I still need to add a pony back myself.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    My Pretty Pony:
    IMG_0994~photo.JPG
    IMG_0995~photo.JPG
    IMG_0996~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Different Seasons and The Bachman Books:
    IMG_0988~photo.JPG