replied
    Another McCammon ARC from Lividian:
    IMG_3333.JPEG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Sorry, it had been posted on Facebook.

A user had reached out to Mindy. When asked about a partial refund due to the defects, she said that a partial refund would not be possible due to all copies having the defects, but the user would be able to return the book for a full refund.
    Got it, it was a response to a query rather than a statement from CD. I agree that it is a defect in the paper rather than a crease. And to be honest my disappointment has nothing to with a defect on one page, which is all I have.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Where was that said?
    Sorry, it had been posted on Facebook.

A user had reached out to Mindy. When asked about a partial refund due to the defects, she said that a partial refund would not be possible due to all copies having the defects, but the user would be able to return the book for a full refund.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

They have said that you can return the book for a full refund.

​​​​
    Where was that said?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    At the least you should be offered a refund if that's what you want.
    They have said that you can return the book for a full refund.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Brian and company are definitely knocking it out of the park over there.
    That is a major understatement!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Lividian Publications Mathew Corbett paperback bundle (Trade Paperbacks):
    DSC_1720.JPGDSC_1725.JPGDSC_1723.JPGDSC_1722.JPGDSC_1721.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Lividian Publications Mathew Corbett paperback bundle (ARCs).

So as part of my Patreon subscription Mr. Freeman will send me any ARC he produces. For whatever reason I never expected to get ARCs of paperback releases, so I was surprised when I received the shipping notice for these.

The ARC copies vary with the standard book slightly.
    1. The signatue page in Mister Slaughter is not included in the ARC.
    2. The cover has a 'Not For Salee - Advance Review Copy - Coming (Month) 2022'
    3. The trade paperbacks are made with a thicker paper stock. The five ARCs actually take the space of four trade paperbacks.
    - I will add that the paper stock on the ARCs is a good as any paperback I own, yet the trade editions are even better.

DSC_1718.JPGDSC_1719.JPG

This was just another example of Mr. Freeman under promising and over delivering!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    DSC_1715.JPGDSC_1716.JPGDSC_1717.JPGLividian's newest Limited Edition:

The King of Shadows by Robert McCammon (Mathew Corbett Book 8)
    DSC_1710.JPGDSC_1713.JPGDSC_1712.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Brian and company are definitely knocking it out of the park over there.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Recent Chap Book from Brian James Freemans Patreon:
    What's in a Name: The Stories behind some of Stephen King's Original Titles by Bev Vincent and Francois Villancourt

This is a brilliant work with Mr. Vincent providing short essays about each story and Mr. Villancourt proviing 'what might have been' art for each. It includes post cards of each cover as well. I hope the word 'some' in the title portends another chap book of additional titles in the future.

DSC_1705.JPGDSC_1706.JPGDSC_1707.JPGDSC_1708.JPGDSC_1709.JPG
    I chose not to photograph each cover separately. If anyone wants to see a specific cover let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    At the least you should be offered a refund if that's what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I will start this update with what is probably the book that leaves a sour taste in my mouth for both the publisher and the author.

The first book I purchased from Cemetery Dance was Legacies. From that point forward I have never had a book that was not delayed. That is how CD chooses to run their business. I do not like it but to be honest, I have never run out of things to read so the waiting has never bothered me much. The books always arrived, after delays of varying lengths, and were published as promised. This was the exception and I sincerely hope it is not a sign of things to come. The book does not have the marbled endpapers that were promised. That is a small issue and on its own would not really bother me. The main issue is that the book does not contain the promised extra material. That fact negatively impacts the value I place in the book. My negative feelings toward the author are a result in his trashing CD while himself failing to deliver the promised materials even with the delayed time. From what I saw I believe he had valid reason to be upset but the problems with the finished are partly on him. My negative feelings toward CD are not because the book was delayed. At some point, and for some reason a decision was made to go to print with a book that was not as it was sold. That should have been communicated to the people who had put out the money for the book. Would I have cancelled my order? I don't know, maybe or maybe I would have kept it. The fact that I was not provided the information that the item I purchased would be different than the item I would receive does not sit well with me.

DSC_1696.JPGDSC_1697.JPGDSC_1698.JPGDSC_1701.JPGDSC_1704.JPG

There are comments regarding creasing on certain pages. I do not believe it is creasing at all, but rather a defect in the paper. I only have the defect on one page (395). You can see a line under the words 'method of'. It is a fine line where the paper is much thinner. This minor defect has no impact on my feelings about the book.

DSC_1703.JPG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X