Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    I purchased a copy from B&N as well and agree the binding wouldn't "stand" up for long. Just a display piece for me so no worries there.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I’ve been wondering about this edition...nice to see some shots of it. Not sure I need to add this to the collection, especially given your comments on it, but that doesn’t mean I’m not curiously tempted...

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    A few more:
    DSC_0371.JPGDSC_0372.JPGDSC_0373.JPGDSC_0374.JPGDSC_0375.JPGDSC_0376.JPG
    And yes, the paper is thin enough you can easily read the text on the other side in any white space, including the art.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-06-2020, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So I am perusing eBay for no good reason and I notice someone selling a new version of The Stand with the Wrightson illustrations. It looks a lot like the leather-ish volumes from Barnes and Noble and sure enough it is from them. These are books I do not generally pay much attention to but I decide to go for this one, I actually need a reading copy. The cover and endpapers are cool. The book was shrink wrapped and has a very strong chemical smell. I will leave it out a few days before it goes into a closed bookcase. The paper is about a half a step above tissue and I actually question if the binding would survive a full read. Part of me thinks this is a cool book to own and part of me thinks I will not buy another Barnes and Noble Leather-ish book again.
    DSC_0365.JPGDSC_0366.JPGDSC_0367.JPGDSC_0368.JPGDSC_0369.JPGDSC_0370.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.
    I believe I only have the lettered one so far. My numbered copy will be a PC I assume as part of my Patreon level.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Nice add. I love the artwork but the portfolios are not for me. It looks great with the book

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    The portfolio is super nice!
    I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Nice Martin!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    The portfolio is super nice!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Nice Martin!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    With the book and on my 'Tall' shelf with other items:
    DSC_0363.JPGDSC_0364.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The texture of the paper and the print quality are amazing:
    DSC_0357.JPGDSC_0358.JPGDSC_0360.JPGDSC_0359.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Recently received my Revival Art Portfolio from Letterpress (Lividian). It is the nicest art portfolio I have. The paper and case are in a class there own. I would really like CD to make a case like this when the Doubleday sets are complete to allow storage of the Pee Chee portfolios.
    Here are just a few photos:
    DSC_0351.JPGDSC_0352.JPGDSC_0353.JPGDSC_0354.JPGDSC_0355-1.JPGDSC_0356.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received a nice surprise from Cemetery Dance recently. A card for CDCC 10. Reminds me of CDCC 1 when cards were issued with a member number. The numbers were assigned based on order of joining. I was number 2.
    DSC_0349.JPGDSC_0350.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received this one recently. Not horror but I am looking forward to reading it.
    DSC_0346.JPGDSC_0348.JPGDSC_0347.JPG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X