Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I love your updates. Blood Meridian looks like a homerun and a book that many will kick themselves for passing on. Personally I kick myself for missing out on the The Road. Now that one is out of my reach.

The touch of adding the mylar to the numbered edition really makes sense. Glad to see Paul and team still thinking through these productions. Very thoughtful folks at Suntup.
    I think Suntup and Lividian are thinking outside the box to offer unique book experiences and I really appreciate both of their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Agreed!
      And to put a capper on that I just received my 'Other Publishers' grab bag from Lividian. For those who are not aware Lividian offered a grab bag to Patreon subscribers to clear out space. The bag would be 3 to 5 books with a retail value of $250 to $300 and sold for $150. Well, I received 5 books with a retail value of $350. I received 1 duplicate. 2 books I have come close to ordering and am very interested in. 2 from an author others praise but my limited experience has been mixed, so I have wanted to try more. This purchase greatly exceeded my expectations!

Comment

Brian James Freeman recently offered an "Other Publishers" grab to his Patreon supporters.

The offer was that you would receive between 3 to 5 books, most signed. The books would have a combined retail of between $250 and $300. The price was $150.
        Here is what I got:
        The Island of Doctor Moreau - Suntup Artist Edition Retail $130
        The Best of Dark Terrors - Subterranean Press Trade Edition $45
        Those Across the River - Midworld Press Signed Limited Edition $90
        Vile Affections - Subterranean Press Signed Limited Edition $85
        Cambrian Tales Juvenilia - Subterranean Press Special Edition No Retail Value (This one came with the purchase of Vile Affections)

I received one duplicate (The Island of Doctor Moreau), Two books I have come close to buying (The Best of Dark Terrors and Those Across the River) and two from an author I have wanted to try more of her writing (Caitlin Kiernan). The total retail was $350.

Mr. Freeman continues to exceed my expectations.
        Family photo and The Best of Dark Terrors:

DSC_1491.JPG
        DSC_1492.JPGDSC_1499.JPG

Comment

Those Across the River:
          DSC_1493.JPGDSC_1494.JPGDSC_1495.JPGDSC_1496.JPGDSC_1497.JPGDSC_1498.JPG
          Attached Files

Comment

Vile Affections and Cambrian Tales Juvenilia:
            DSC_1500.JPGDSC_1501.JPGDSC_1502.JPGDSC_1503.JPGDSC_1504.JPG

Comment

Congratulations, that's a great bunch of books -- first time I've seen that Buehlman other than publisher promotional shots...looks like a very nice production.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Congratulations, that's a great bunch of books -- first time I've seen that Buehlman other than publisher promotional shots...looks like a very nice production.
                It is a nice production even including a satin ribbon marker. One drawback is it is another publisher using bright white paper. I hope it is a result of the current supply chain issues and not a trend. I can't tell if the cover stamping was meant to not be full black or a stamping error. Looks more like a stamping error but am not really sure.

Comment

Suntup Gift Art Portfolio:
                  This was free to person who made a certain number of purchases in 2021. The portfolio included one print from each book Announced in 2021 plus one bonus print.
                  DSC_1525.JPGDSC_1526.JPGDSC_1528.JPGDSC_1528.JPGDSC_1535.JPG
                  Attached Files

Comment

More Suntup 2021 Portfolio:
                    DSC_1529.JPGDSC_1530.JPGDSC_1531.JPGDSC_1532.JPGDSC_1533.JPGDSC_1534.JPG

Comment

Suntup: Jaws Artist Edition:
                      DSC_1536.JPGDSC_1537.JPGDSC_1538.JPGDSC_1539.JPGDSC_1541.JPGDSC_1542.JPG

Comment

More jaws Artist Edition:
                        DSC_1543.JPGDSC_1544.JPGDSC_1545.JPGDSC_1546.JPGDSC_1548.JPGDSC_1548.JPG
                        Attached Files

Comment

And More Jaws Artist Edition:
                          DSC_1549.JPGDSC_1550.JPGDSC_1551.JPGDSC_1552.JPGDSC_1554.JPG

Comment

Suntup - The Handmaid's Tale Artist Edition:
                            DSC_1555.JPGDSC_1556.JPGDSC_1557.JPGDSC_1558.JPGDSC_1559.JPGDSC_1560.JPG
                            Last edited by Martin; 05-08-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

More Suntup Handmaid's Tale:
                              DSC_1561.JPGDSC_1562.JPGDSC_1563.JPGDSC_1564.JPGDSC_1565.JPG

Comment

Suntup - The Collector Artist Edition:
                                DSC_1566.JPGDSC_1567.JPGDSC_1568.JPGDSC_1570.JPGDSC_1571.JPGDSC_1572.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X