X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent additions.

Independent Bookstore edition of In The Tall Grass:
    DSC_0939.JPGDSC_0942.JPGDSC_0940.JPGDSC_0941.JPG
    Last edited by Martin; 05-21-2021, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on snagging a signed copy of 'In the Tall Grass'.

A great addition to the collection.

Also a pretty cool story, with or without the signatures.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
        Congratulations on snagging a signed copy of 'In the Tall Grass'.

A great addition to the collection.

Also a pretty cool story, with or without the signatures.

B
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I absolutely love serialized story telling which is exactly what comics are. For some reason the only comic I ever really got into was Locke & Key. I need to find another comic that has a story that grabs me like Locke & Key did.
          Not sure if you have Netflix, but Jeff Lemire's Sweet Tooth is coming to Netflix the first week of June. I just finished that series and loved the hell out of it. It had a truly disturbing villain that I hated - just thinking about him now gives me the creeps.

I'd recommend giving that a shot.

Two other - super hero related - series I would recommend would be Kurt Busiek's Astro City and then Brian Michael Bendis's & Michael Avon Oeming's Powers. Two awesome series that definitely flip the super hero genre on its head.

Oh - since Im sitting here looking at them all - I'm a huge fan of Greg Rucka (I will even overlook his bad taste is soccer teams . ..) - but he's had some great series in his career. Whiteout, Lazarus, Queen and Country, and Stumptown are probably my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Not sure if you have Netflix, but Jeff Lemire's Sweet Tooth is coming to Netflix the first week of June. I just finished that series and loved the hell out of it. It had a truly disturbing villain that I hated - just thinking about him now gives me the creeps.

Two other - super hero related - series I would recommend would be Kurt Busiek's Astro City and then Brian Michael Bendis's & Michael Avon Oeming's Powers. Two awesome series that definitely flip the super hero genre on its head.

Oh - since Im sitting here looking at them all - I'm a huge fan of Greg Rucka (I will even overlook his bad taste is soccer teams . ..) - but he's had some great series in his career. Whiteout, Lazarus, Queen and Country, and Stumptown are probably my favorites.
            Thanks for the suggestions. I will do some research and see if anything sounds like it would work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Astro City and Powers are so good. It’s been years since I’ve read anything. Your suggestions are kicking up my nostalgia.

Comment

The Lonely Road Books editions of The Night Eternal:
                DSC_0944.JPGDSC_0946.JPGDSC_0947.JPGDSC_0948.JPGDSC_0949.JPG
                Family Photo (Not sure why the cover material is darker for this edition):
                DSC_0943.JPG

Comment

Suntup's Artist Edition of The Exorcist:
                  DSC_0955.JPGDSC_0954.JPGDSC_0958.JPGDSC_0960.JPGDSC_0959.JPGDSC_0961.JPG

Comment

And a Blatty group photo.
                    DSC_0962.JPG

Comment

I have wanted to Joe HIll Spiderman issue from 2005 for quite some time. Finally found a mint copy near issue price.
                      DSC_0963.JPGDSC_0965.JPGDSC_0969.JPGDSC_0970.JPGDSC_0971.JPG

Comment

Nice grab!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Nice grab!
                          Thanks. I have been wanting a mint copy for along time but did not wish to pay a premium. Finally found one.

Comment

You are on a Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              You are on a Roll!
                              Thanks!

Comment

I could have taken photos of the Suntup Press 'The Wolfen' art portfolio all day. This thing is a beauty:
                                DSC_0974.JPGDSC_0976.JPGDSC_0978.JPGDSC_0979.JPGDSC_0981.JPG
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X