Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    So I am perusing eBay for no good reason and I notice someone selling a new version of The Stand with the Wrightson illustrations. It looks a lot like the leather-ish volumes from Barnes and Noble and sure enough it is from them. These are books I do not generally pay much attention to but I decide to go for this one, I actually need a reading copy. The cover and endpapers are cool. The book was shrink wrapped and has a very strong chemical smell. I will leave it out a few days before it goes into a closed bookcase. The paper is about a half a step above tissue and I actually question if the binding would survive a full read. Part of me thinks this is a cool book to own and part of me thinks I will not buy another Barnes and Noble Leather-ish book again.
    DSC_0365.JPGDSC_0366.JPGDSC_0367.JPGDSC_0368.JPGDSC_0369.JPGDSC_0370.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.
    I believe I only have the lettered one so far. My numbered copy will be a PC I assume as part of my Patreon level.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Nice add. I love the artwork but the portfolios are not for me. It looks great with the book

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    The portfolio is super nice!
    I was surprised that the portfolio was individually numbered as the book was not.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Nice Martin!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    The portfolio is super nice!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Nice Martin!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    With the book and on my 'Tall' shelf with other items:
    DSC_0363.JPGDSC_0364.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The texture of the paper and the print quality are amazing:
    DSC_0357.JPGDSC_0358.JPGDSC_0360.JPGDSC_0359.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Recently received my Revival Art Portfolio from Letterpress (Lividian). It is the nicest art portfolio I have. The paper and case are in a class there own. I would really like CD to make a case like this when the Doubleday sets are complete to allow storage of the Pee Chee portfolios.
    Here are just a few photos:
    DSC_0351.JPGDSC_0352.JPGDSC_0353.JPGDSC_0354.JPGDSC_0355-1.JPGDSC_0356.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received a nice surprise from Cemetery Dance recently. A card for CDCC 10. Reminds me of CDCC 1 when cards were issued with a member number. The numbers were assigned based on order of joining. I was number 2.
    DSC_0349.JPGDSC_0350.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received this one recently. Not horror but I am looking forward to reading it.
    DSC_0346.JPGDSC_0348.JPGDSC_0347.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Full Throttle is a stunning production. You really feel the cost in the presentation.
    Completely agree!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Full Throttle is a stunning production. You really feel the cost in the presentation.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Man, some great pickups, Martin! Congrats on all of them, and great job on the pics. Some thoughts on a few of them:

1). I've always wanted the S/L of THE NEW DEAD, too, but never managed to get my hands on a nicely-priced copy on the aftermarket, so kudos for keeping at it and snagging the prize.

2). Thanks for the reminder to start looking for a reasonably-priced signed copy of Brooks' DEVOLUTION.

3). Your pics have really turned me around on Sub Press' edition of Hill's FULL THROTTLE. When it was offered, I wasn't particularly taken with either the art or book size/shape, so passed...having a signed (and, I think?, numbered) UK HC 1st of the collection made it easy. But now...I really like the unique size of the book, makes it different and innovative, and clear that attention and thought to design was given, which is something all too clearly lacking among some publishers' books. Plus, the two-tone (blue and black) that runs throughout the book...I really love that. It reminds me of the old men's adventure magazine interior art that was often painted in the same pallet (see below). After being perfectly comfortable passing on the edition from offering until now, I may very well need to pick up a copy of it.
    I have been watching for a reasonable priced The New Dead for a while. Someone finally had a brand new copy with a make offer option available on eBay and now I have one.

Barnes and Noble still has signed editions at retail. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dev...=9780593157190

I agree with everything you said about Full Throttle. I like the art much more than I thought I would and the blue and black color scheme is a large part of that. It just sets a perfect mood for the stories. THe image you showed would fit perfectly with the art in the book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X