No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Author was promoting this book on Sirius and it intrigued me enough to search it out. Barnes and Noble still had autographed copies.
    IMG_1651.JPEGIMG_1652.JPEGIMG_1653.JPEGIMG_1654.JPEGIMG_1655.JPEGIMG_1656.JPEG
    This one looks very interesting. It has one of those undersized dust jackets which I have never liked.

Comment

Cemetery Dance's recent misfit Grab Bag:
      IMG_1639.JPEG

Comment

And Cemetery Dance's recent ARC Grab Bag:
        IMG_1640.JPEG
        Stephen King Limited by Kevin Quigley
        IMG_1641.JPEG
        Suffer the Children by John Saul:
        IMG_1642.JPEG
        God Machine by Greg F. Gifune:
        IMG_1643.JPEG

Finally Siege by Matthew Costello (Already read this and loved it) and Killer Crimes Edited by Richard Chizmar and Briand James Freeman (Currently reading this one)
        IMG_1644.JPEG

Comment

Lots of stuff. I recently order the McConaughey book from Waterstones. Huge fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Lots of stuff. I recently order the McConaughey book from Waterstones. Huge fan of his.
            His interview left me wanting more. Looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Very curious about KILLER CRIMES....can you post a photo of the ToC?
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Very curious about KILLER CRIMES....can you post a photo of the ToC?
                A few will be re-reads for me but I am excited about the assortment:
                IMG_1657.JPEGIMG_1658.JPEGIMG_1659.JPEGIMG_1660.JPEGIMG_1661.JPEGIMG_1662.JPEG

Comment

IMG_1663.JPEGIMG_1664.JPEGIMG_1665.JPEGIMG_1666.JPEGIMG_1667.JPEG

Comment

Fantastic -- thanks, Martin...much appreciated!

Comment

A couple of magazine additions.
                      First up is Unnerving Magazine. Bev Vincent posted this one on Twitter and it intrigued. Actually reminds me of early Cemetery Dance. Have not read it yet but am looking forward to it.
                      DSC_0390.JPGDSC_0391.JPGDSC_0392.JPGDSC_0393.JPGDSC_0394.JPGDSC_0395.JPG

Comment

A couple more from Unnerving Magazine:
                        DSC_0396.JPGDSC_0397.JPG

Esquire featuring On Slide Inn Road by Stephen King:
                        DSC_0398.JPGDSC_0399.JPGDSC_0400.JPG

Comment

Martin, will be very curious to hear your thoughts on Unnerving Magazine. I've been really tempted to throw a subscription at that one. It looks great, very slickly done with interesting content...and, let's face it, an issue of Cemetery Dance magazine every two/three/four years isn't exactly scratching that small-press mag itch.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Martin, will be very curious to hear your thoughts on Unnerving Magazine. I've been really tempted to throw a subscription at that one. It looks great, very slickly done with interesting content...and, let's face it, an issue of Cemetery Dance magazine every two/three/four years isn't exactly scratching that small-press mag itch.
                            Based on the contributors I expect I will like it. I will post my thoughts her when I get to it.

Comment

I had never purchased a Subterranean Press grab bag before. Two reasons why, at $150 they are a bit expensive for a crap shoot and they publish a lot of books that do not interest me. The recent offering caught me in a moment of weakness so here it is:
                              So the offer was for $150 you get 12 books worth at least $500.
                              Of the twelve books 3 were books I have come close to purchasing. The other 9 are books I would never purchase. Several of them are small enough that I will probably give them a shot to see what I have been missing. The retail value of the books I received was $548
                              The 9 I did not have interest in:
                              My Beautiful Life K.J. Parker Signed Limited $40
                              Lost SouLs Kelley Armstrong Deluxe $28
                              The Gobblin’ Society James P. Blaylock Signed Limited $40
                              Penric’s Fox Lois McMaster Bujold Signed Limited $45
                              The Prisoner of Limnos Lois McMaster Bujold Signed Limited $45
                              The Orphans of Raspay Lois McMaster Bujold Deluxe $25
                              The Postutopian Adventures of Darger and Surplus Michael Swanwick Signed Limited $40
                              King of the Dogs, Queen of the Cats James Patrick Kelly Signed Limited $40
                              The Scar China Miéville Signed Limited $125

The 3 I have been tempted by:
                              Subterranean Tales of Dark Fantasy Ed. William Schaefer Deluxe $40
                              Jane Goes North Joe R. Lansdale Signed Limited $40
                              The Sky Done Ripped Joe R. Lansdale Signed Trade $40

DSC_0401.JPG
                              Last edited by Martin; 11-10-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Deena Warner's 2020 Halloween card:
                                DSC_0387.JPGDSC_0388.JPGDSC_0389.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X