No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been wondering about this edition...nice to see some shots of it. Not sure I need to add this to the collection, especially given your comments on it, but that doesn’t mean I’m not curiously tempted...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I purchased a copy from B&N as well and agree the binding wouldn't "stand" up for long. Just a display piece for me so no worries there.

Comment

That B&N edition of The Stand features the new "efficient experience" paper that allows you to read pages without turning them. Just read straight through the paper! I do think the endpaper design is cool. Thanks for taking the bullet for us on this purchase. I was tempted to buy it myself. Now I won't.

Also, I kept picturing Brian James Freeman handing you your CDCC Card and telling you "You are number Two."
        And you replying,"I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN!"
        And then BJF saying, "No, dude, I am Freeman . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          That B&N edition of The Stand features the new "efficient experience" paper that allows you to read pages without turning them. Just read straight through the paper! I do think the endpaper design is cool. Thanks for taking the bullet for us on this purchase. I was tempted to buy it myself. Now I won't.

Also, I kept picturing Brian James Freeman handing you your CDCC Card and telling you "You are number Two."
          And you replying,"I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN!"
          And then BJF saying, "No, dude, I am Freeman . . ."
          Actually it was more 'Who the hell beat me?'. I never did figure that one out. I have improved my internet speed just in case they offer this again!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Actually it was more 'Who the hell beat me?'. I never did figure that one out. I have improved my internet speed just in case they offer this again!
            And no one ever beat Martin again!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

And no one ever beat Martin again!
              My internet speed has served me well!

Comment

Noticed an interesting difference today in the two Revival art portfolios I received.

The first one I received has a nice little remarque with the artist signature. Thought it was cool but assumed he did it on all the portfolios.
                DSC_0378.JPG
                I realized the second portfolio I received did not contain the remarque. Now I am left to wonder how many have this and are there other drawings.
                DSC_0377.JPG

Comment

I'll have to check mine.

Comment

It is October so apparently it is the month to get orange books.

Added A Little Orange Book of Obsessions by Blake Crouch to my tissue copy of The Stand:DSC_0380.JPGDSC_0381.JPGDSC_0382.JPG
                    DSC_0379.JPGDSC_0383.JPG
                    Attached Files

Comment

I decided to see what the Revival prints look like framed so I swapped out A Pennywise print I had framed for this one. I included the guitar pick. If I decide to keep this one framed I will center it better.
                      DSC_0384.JPG

Comment

Nice adds. I have not seen that copy of The Stand . Think Ill probably pass thanks to your review of it

Comment

That framing is pretty sweet looking.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Nice adds. I have not seen that copy of The Stand . Think Ill probably pass thanks to your review of it
                            I had actually heard good things about the Barnes and Noble editions and it was only $25.00. I think I understand now why the store copies are always shrink wrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              That framing is pretty sweet looking.
                              The more I look at it, the more I like it. Will probably keep it in the frame but am not sure about placement in the house though.

Comment

Time for an update on a few new receipts.
                                Found myself near the Beaverton Powell's and need some Brodart so I stopped in. They were only allowing a few in at a time which resulted in a wait to get in but shopping the store was very comfortable. Encountered some books that had been defaced by a local author so I took one off their hands.
                                Chuck Palahnuiak The Invention of Sound:IMG_1649.JPEG
                                IMG_1650.JPEG

This was an unexpected gift from a member here. I am very intrigued by this and look forward to checking it out soon:
                                IMG_1645.JPEGIMG_1646.JPEGIMG_1647.JPEG

This one probably has the wrong title. It should be Trump: In His Own Words as probably 2/3 of the book are directly quoting interviews with Trump:
                                IMG_1648.JPEG
                                An informative work from Woodward but he does state his personal feelings in the afterword, which he probably should not have done.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X