Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And more:
    IMG_1080~photo.JPGIMG_1081~photo.JPGIMG_1082~photo.JPGIMG_1083~photo.JPGIMG_1084~photo.JPGIMG_1085~photo.JPG

Comment

I could take photos of this one all day but I will leave you with one more batch:
      IMG_1089~photo.JPGIMG_1092~photo.JPGIMG_1091~photo.JPGIMG_1090~photo.JPGIMG_1093~photo.JPGIMG_1095~photo.JPG

Comment

Nice!! I love the art work. Not find of the shape. I passed on this edition and I have no regrets based on the book shape....... But I have plenty of regrets based off the art work.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Nice!! I love the art work. Not find of the shape. I passed on this edition and I have no regrets based on the book shape....... But I have plenty of regrets based off the art work.
          I had no issue with the shape but was not keen on the art when it was first announced. Now I really love the art.

Comment

Passed on this one when it was initially offered. Been looking for one near original retail eve since and finally found one.

The New Dead from Subterranean Press:
            DSC_0327-1.JPGDSC_0328-1.JPGDSC_0329-1.JPGDSC_0330-1.JPGDSC_0331-1.JPGDSC_0333-1.JPG

Comment

Recent release that is a great read.

Devolution by Max Brooks:
              DSC_0334-1.JPGDSC_0335-1.JPG

Comment

Used my $25 gift from eBay to move one step closer to completing my Joe Hill ARC set.

Heart Shaped Box:
                DSC_0336-1.JPGDSC_0337-1.JPGDSC_0338-1.JPG

Comment

A few times a year I find something in the Goodreads give away list that intrigues me and I enter. Well for the first time I actually won one.

The Cold Millions by Jess Walter:
                  DSC_0339.JPG
                  The cover photo really looked like Spokane falls to me so I tried to find info on the photo. I failed but I did find that the author was born in Spokane so I believe the photo is of Spokane falls. Now I just need to fit the novel into reading list.

Comment

Another one I have regretted passing on was the Gift Edition of Misery from Suntup. Well I was able to snag one from a great seller right here on this forum.

DSC_0340.JPGDSC_0341.JPGDSC_0342.JPGDSC_0343.JPGDSC_0344.JPG

Comment

Quite a few nice gets there, Martin and like you, I love the design of Full Throttle. Kinda matches the Weight of Words which I forgot is the first appearance of "All I Care About Is You" from Hill. Nice classic Hill sigs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Quite a few nice gets there, Martin and like you, I love the design of Full Throttle. Kinda matches the Weight of Words which I forgot is the first appearance of "All I Care About Is You" from Hill. Nice classic Hill sigs as well.
                        The weight of Words is another beauty as well.

Comment

GREAT stuff, Martin! I didn't know you initially passed on the Misery AGE. You should have told me, I would have traded mine to you for your numbered edition.

And thanks for that thorough look at Full Throttle. I don't regret passing on that one because there's only so much money but it is a BEAUTY! Really wonderful unique edition. Love everything about it. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            GREAT stuff, Martin! I didn't know you initially passed on the Misery AGE. You should have told me, I would have traded mine to you for your numbered edition.

And thanks for that thorough look at Full Throttle. I don't regret passing on that one because there's only so much money but it is a BEAUTY! Really wonderful unique edition. Love everything about it. Congrats!
                            Damn, if I had known I could just trade. I guess I will just hang on to both of them now.

Comment

Man, some great pickups, Martin! Congrats on all of them, and great job on the pics. Some thoughts on a few of them:

1). I've always wanted the S/L of THE NEW DEAD, too, but never managed to get my hands on a nicely-priced copy on the aftermarket, so kudos for keeping at it and snagging the prize.

2). Thanks for the reminder to start looking for a reasonably-priced signed copy of Brooks' DEVOLUTION.

3). Your pics have really turned me around on Sub Press' edition of Hill's FULL THROTTLE. When it was offered, I wasn't particularly taken with either the art or book size/shape, so passed...having a signed (and, I think?, numbered) UK HC 1st of the collection made it easy. But now...I really like the unique size of the book, makes it different and innovative, and clear that attention and thought to design was given, which is something all too clearly lacking among some publishers' books. Plus, the two-tone (blue and black) that runs throughout the book...I really love that. It reminds me of the old men's adventure magazine interior art that was often painted in the same pallet (see below). After being perfectly comfortable passing on the edition from offering until now, I may very well need to pick up a copy of it.
                              Attached Files
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Man, some great pickups, Martin! Congrats on all of them, and great job on the pics. Some thoughts on a few of them:

1). I've always wanted the S/L of THE NEW DEAD, too, but never managed to get my hands on a nicely-priced copy on the aftermarket, so kudos for keeping at it and snagging the prize.

2). Thanks for the reminder to start looking for a reasonably-priced signed copy of Brooks' DEVOLUTION.

3). Your pics have really turned me around on Sub Press' edition of Hill's FULL THROTTLE. When it was offered, I wasn't particularly taken with either the art or book size/shape, so passed...having a signed (and, I think?, numbered) UK HC 1st of the collection made it easy. But now...I really like the unique size of the book, makes it different and innovative, and clear that attention and thought to design was given, which is something all too clearly lacking among some publishers' books. Plus, the two-tone (blue and black) that runs throughout the book...I really love that. It reminds me of the old men's adventure magazine interior art that was often painted in the same pallet (see below). After being perfectly comfortable passing on the edition from offering until now, I may very well need to pick up a copy of it.
                                I have been watching for a reasonable priced The New Dead for a while. Someone finally had a brand new copy with a make offer option available on eBay and now I have one.

Barnes and Noble still has signed editions at retail. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dev...=9780593157190

I agree with everything you said about Full Throttle. I like the art much more than I thought I would and the blue and black color scheme is a large part of that. It just sets a perfect mood for the stories. THe image you showed would fit perfectly with the art in the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X