Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next up is He Who Types between the Rows A Decade of Horror Drive-In:
    Horror Drive In was a website that existed at the periphery of my vision. I believe I visited a few times but it never became a normal stop for me. I somehow missed the Cemetery Dance release of this one but when I found I decided to pick it up. I have read a few pieces in it am really glad I did. I also like the fact that many of the pieces are very short and can be knocked out when I only have a few minutes.
    IMG_1060~photo.JPGIMG_1061~photo.JPGIMG_1062~photo.JPGIMG_1063~photo.JPGIMG_1064~photo.JPG

Comment

Brian James Freeman's latest Patreon Chap Book Lost Echoes Volume One:
      I expect to read this one next week and am looking forward to it.
      IMG_1055~photo.JPGIMG_1056~photo.JPG

Comment

The first Chapbook from It Came From Beyond Pulp, Distinguishing Features by Kealan Patrick Burke and Illustrated by Corrinne Halbert.
        I will read this next week and am also looking forward to it. I am also very interested in seeing what else It Came From Beyond Pulp produces.
        IMG_1057~photo.JPGIMG_1059~photo.JPGIMG_1058~photo.JPG

Comment

Speed Queen by Stewart O'Nan (Alternate title Dear Stephen King)
          So I really love Stewart O'Nan's writing and am a big Stephen King fan but have never read this one. Found a signed first edition to remedy that.

For those that do not know the story Mr. O'Nan originally titled this book Dear Stephen King but Mr. King did not grant permission so the title was changed.
          IMG_1066~photo.JPGIMG_1067~photo.JPGIMG_1068~photo.JPG
          Last edited by Martin; 08-03-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I have a signed 1st HC of THE SPEED QUEEN, too...a great read, and my favorite O’Nan (and he’s written some brilliant novels).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I have a signed 1st HC of THE SPEED QUEEN, too...a great read, and my favorite O’Nan (and he’s written some brilliant novels).
              Every time I read O'Nan I wonder why he is not a bigger name author. Then I realize that he does not fit into any category and is hard to market, but he can tell a story. My favorite O'Nan story so far is Songs for the Missing. That story really stuck with me.

Comment

Nice new stuff, Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Every time I read O'Nan I wonder why he is not a bigger name author. Then I realize that he does not fit into any category and is hard to market, but he can tell a story. My favorite O'Nan story so far is Songs for the Missing. That story really stuck with me.
                  My Top Three are THE SPEED QUEEN, SONGS FOR THE MISSING, and A PRAYER FOR THE DYING...and in that order. Great stuff.

Comment

My Top Three are THE SPEED QUEEN, SONGS FOR THE MISSING, and A PRAYER FOR THE DYING...and in that order. Great stuff.
                    That is some great company. I should start this one next week.

Comment

So, looking for some suggestions. I have been re-working my den. It is now the room I spend 8 to 10 hours a day in since it is now my office. Most of the walls are covered by desk and bookcases but I have one exposed wall. I want to add color to the wall. This photo is probably not the final configuration but it will be close. What are your thought regarding what color I should paint the wall?
                      DSC_0322.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        So, looking for some suggestions. I have been re-working my den. It is now the room I spend 8 to 10 hours a day in since it is now my office. Most of the walls are covered by desk and bookcases but I have one exposed wall. I want to add color to the wall. This photo is probably not the final configuration but it will be close. What are your thought regarding what color I should paint the wall?
                        Something soft and gentle on the eye...I'd suggest a soft, warm, light olive green, like this:

CA3g33PfLgIsQBY-lPJl6KIL7hbFmRhcit4ckj0O5Jq-Y-lcXqYRpSngA3rsvXkXkfG2GzW9QipCJj8tenJWsFVaWyFveTk80u0qraf-kLxSrJx1tsNmaGqcmibnbBfn1px_nfC0mbx03GGjzAd2zCYbQSI9Uw.gif

It would also go with that cherry wood that you seem to have a good deal of in that room.

Comment

Something soft and gentle on the eye...I'd suggest a soft, warm, light olive green, like this:

CA3g33PfLgIsQBY-lPJl6KIL7hbFmRhcit4ckj0O5Jq-Y-lcXqYRpSngA3rsvXkXkfG2GzW9QipCJj8tenJWsFVaWyFveTk80u0qraf-kLxSrJx1tsNmaGqcmibnbBfn1px_nfC0mbx03GGjzAd2zCYbQSI9Uw.gif

It would also go with that cherry wood that you seem to have a good deal of in that room.
                          I like that color. It may be a little too close to the color in the hallway just through the door on the left. The hallway is olive green but just a shade darker than your sample. It is worth considering though. Will be going to a paint store this weekend to pick up some swatches. Will give that one a try. Thanks for the input!

Comment

I like Autumnal colors!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I like Autumnal colors!

I find it fascinating that the two colors suggested are both in use in my house. This one is covering a wall of family photos in the front hallway. I actually painted a small piece of wall in the den with it and decided it was too dark for this room. This room has one small window and a lot of wood. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Comment

You've dashed my decorating dreams!!! No HGTV show for me, LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X