X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice adds. I still kick myself for not jumping on ten word tragedies

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      When I met Brian, I mean saw Joe Hill last year, I wanted to get Nothing O’Clock signed but couldn’t find my copy at the time. Next time maybe.
      Gonna hijack your thread for sec, Martin.

Jason, when I got back from that, I'd forgot I had I AM Legend in my bag from Folio that I wanted him to sign! He did the intro.

Comment

I thought Folio did a great job with that book, that's why I've pasted on some of the others that have come out since.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I thought Folio did a great job with that book, that's why I've pasted on some of the others that have come out since.
          Ditto.

Comment

Folio Society can definitely be hit or miss. But they really knocked it out of the park with I Am Legend. I still regret not being able to snag a copy of Folio's limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Gonna hijack your thread for sec, Martin.

Jason, when I got back from that, I'd forgot I had I AM Legend in my bag from Folio that I wanted him to sign! He did the intro.
              The limit of three items messed up all of our plans for what to get signed. And as much as I would have liked to go through the line again, we’d probably still be in line today based on how many people were there.

Comment

The limit of three items messed up all of our plans for what to get signed. And as much as I would have liked to go through the line again, we’d probably still be in line today based on how many people were there.
                Right! And I was in total fanboy mode so wasn't thinking straight. My Uber drivers were pretty damn cool though

Now, back to Martin......

Comment

That Full Dark No Stars is a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
                    That Full Dark No Stars is a beauty
                    I was fortunate enough to get it from a collector who kept it in 'NEW' condition!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Nothing O'Clock by Neil Gaiman:

So, I have to admit I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who. On top of that Neil Gaiman has been hot and miss for me. I considered this for the Joe Signature and Afterword when it was released but the price prevented me from purchasing it. Gauntlet recently offered PC copies at a discounted rate and I went for it.
                      Am actually reading it now and am enjoying it.
                      I’m dumbfounded that I didn’t know about this book. My teenage son is a huge Doctor Who fan and I’m always looking for ways to engage him in reading rather than playing video games. I’ve also watched a few season with him so I understand the premise of the show. Plus I’m a pretty big Joe Hill fan and I’ve enjoyed Neil Gaiman’s works very much so it checks all the boxes for me. I was lucky enough to pick up a numbered copy at eBay auction this week for a reasonable price so I’ve now also added it to my collection. Thank you for sharing as I would not have known about this otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                        I’m dumbfounded that I didn’t know about this book. My teenage son is a huge Doctor Who fan and I’m always looking for ways to engage him in reading rather than playing video games. I’ve also watched a few season with him so I understand the premise of the show. Plus I’m a pretty big Joe Hill fan and I’ve enjoyed Neil Gaiman’s works very much so it checks all the boxes for me. I was lucky enough to pick up a numbered copy at eBay auction this week for a reasonable price so I’ve now also added it to my collection. Thank you for sharing as I would not have known about this otherwise.
                        The story actually comes from a collection a few years back called 12 Doctors 12 Stories if you're interested in other similar stories.

ETA: My copy actually says 11 Doctors 11 Stories.
                        Last edited by TacomaDiver; 05-23-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The story actually comes from a collection a few years back called 12 Doctors 12 Stories if you're interested in other similar stories.

ETA: My copy actually says 11 Doctors 11 Stories.
                          I will check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                            Glad you have found it now. It probably will net get me to search out more Doctor Who but it was a decent read.

Comment

So I documented elsewhere a couple of FedEx orders that were delivered late. Well they are now both here and although not a book I wanted to share. I have been a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs since 1987 and while the team has had ups and downs during that time a few years ago they drafted Patrick Mahomes and everything changed. This year he led his team to a Super Bowl victory. I believe he will lead them to more as his career continues. I decided to purchase a signed ball from his first Super Bowl victory.
                              IMG_0976~photo.JPG

Comment

Cemetery Dance recently offered a Stephen King Grab to the CDCC. The set was to include:
                                1. One signed Stephen King Limited Edition (PC)
                                2. A rare, previously undistributed review copy with alternate cover artwork for one of our acclaimed Stephen King projects -- we changed direction on the cover and never sent out the review copies with this original design!
                                3. One of the earliest Cemetery Dance Publications books ever published!
                                4. A Cemetery Dance magazine hardcover Limited Edition
                                5. A Grave Tales comic hardcover Limited Edition
                                Here is how I did.
                                The early publication was:
                                • Passion Play by Richard Matheson signed PC of 1,000
                                IMG_0962~photo.JPG
                                IMG_0963~photo.JPG
                                The Hardbound Magazine was issue 52:
                                IMG_0957~photo.JPG
                                IMG_0955~photo.JPG
                                I failed to photograph the signature sheet but it contains 12 signatures.

The Hardcover Comic was Issue #6:
                                IMG_0959~photo.JPG
                                IMG_0958~photo.JPG
                                My only duplicate in the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X