Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I doubt I would be willing to shell out the funds that would be required to piece together a full Novella set. I have not looked into it though.
    Money possibility could be better spent elsewhere instead of playing catch up for sure.

Comment

Received my March Nocturnal Reader's Box.

The good:
      One of the better boxes in the last few months.
      P1370581.jpg

Pretty Cool Dracula T-shirt
      P1370583.jpg

Brady Hartsfield Print
      P1370584.jpg

Fantastic Jack Ketchum Mug
      P1370585.jpg
      Major props for this item!

Comment

Pin from Robert Chamber's The King in Yellow
        P1370586.jpg
        Not familiar with this book but the pin is cool.

Very cool Dark Tower Sticker set
        P1370588.jpg

Nice bookmark from Michael McDowell's The Elementals
        P1370589.jpg
        Not familiar with this and have to admit I thought it was Dark Tower related at first glance.

Comment

Two real strong book selections this month:
          Previous release The Fury by John Farris
          P1370590.jpgP1370592.jpg
          A classic story I have never read. Happy to add this to my collection, and I got a signed copy!

New release, The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch
          P1370593.jpgP1370594.jpg
          I know nothing about the book or author but it sounds very intriguing

P1370596.jpgP1370597.jpg

Now the bad:
          For the third straight month I did not receive my box until after the next renewal payment processed. That is after upgrading to priority shipping. The Nocturnal Reader's Box shipped on the 8th but the USPS says the received the item on the 13th. Something clearly went sideways and hopefully it will not be a systemic problem.

This months print is a low resolution. This was identified by The Nocturnal Reader's Box prior to my receiving it and is being resolved at this time.

The T-Shirt came as the wrong size. I checked my account and prior shirts and they are the correct size. I have sent an email to resolve this.

Conclusion:
          I really like The Nocturnal Reader's Box and am hoping they work out the kinks.

Comment

Received a very prompt response from The Nocturnal Reader's Box that they will send me the correct sized shirt. Very good customer service!

Comment

Hey Martin, thanks to your posts, I tried out the NRB. I really dig it! I dropped another subscription I had and decided to move forward with this one. Thanks!

Comment

Two real strong book selections this month:
                Previous release The Fury by John Farris
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20540[/ATTACH]
                A classic story I have never read. Happy to add this to my collection, and I got a signed copy!

New release, The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20542[/ATTACH]
                I know nothing about the book or author but it sounds very intriguing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20544[/ATTACH]

Now the bad:
                For the third straight month I did not receive my box until after the next renewal payment processed. That is after upgrading to priority shipping. The Nocturnal Reader's Box shipped on the 8th but the USPS says the received the item on the 13th. Something clearly went sideways and hopefully it will not be a systemic problem.

This months print is a low resolution. This was identified by The Nocturnal Reader's Box prior to my receiving it and is being resolved at this time.

The T-Shirt came as the wrong size. I checked my account and prior shirts and they are the correct size. I have sent an email to resolve this.

Conclusion:
                I really like The Nocturnal Reader's Box and am hoping they work out the kinks.

SCORE on the two signed copies! That's pretty awesome. Bummer on the shipping snag. I hate those little bumps in the subscription, but I'm so excited for the stuff on the horizon that I couldn't really imagine quitting now. It would be like selling stock and then watching that stock skyrocket a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                  Hey Martin, thanks to your posts, I tried out the NRB. I really dig it! I dropped another subscription I had and decided to move forward with this one. Thanks!
                  Glad you are enjoying it. They have done a great job in both book and trinket selection for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    SCORE on the two signed copies! That's pretty awesome. Bummer on the shipping snag. I hate those little bumps in the subscription, but I'm so excited for the stuff on the horizon that I couldn't really imagine quitting now. It would be like selling stock and then watching that stock skyrocket a week later.
                    Although I do not have your inside information I am not thinking about cancelling at this time. I may drop the priority shipping if it turns out that it does not improve the transit time as it should. I also would prefer to have the month's box in hand before the following month is charged. If that is the new norm I may choose to drop out. The prospect of things to come would probably not keep me subscribed if I chose to no longer participate. I can't imagine spending over $40 each month in order to get an item or two I want.

Comment

Received a very prompt response from The Nocturnal Reader's Box that they will send me the correct sized shirt. Very good customer service!
                      Received my replacement shirt today. Quick response and follow through!

Comment

You can add me as another subscriber do to you. I just ordered a 3 month subscription to NRB. Hopefully will be cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                          You can add me as another subscriber do to you. I just ordered a 3 month subscription to NRB. Hopefully will be cool stuff.
                          Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

I managed to order two copies of Shining in the Dark. Ron Clinton offered to trade a book for my extra copy. With that offer I managed a snag a book I have almost ordered on multiple occasions.

I now own Goblin by Josh Malerman.
                            P1370602.jpgP1370605.jpgP1370606.jpgP1370607.jpgP1370610.jpgP1370611.jpg
                            The book is gorgeous, my only complaint would be that I do not care for the bright white paper.
                            I have read Bird Box my Malerman and enjoyed it. There have been mixed reviews on this board about Malerman's work, I will see how I like this one.

Comment

I now own Goblin by Josh Malerman.

The book is gorgeous, my only complaint would be that I do not care for the bright white paper.
                              I have read Bird Box my Malerman and enjoyed it. There have been mixed reviews on this board about Malerman's work, I will see how I like this one.
                              It just got real! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I completely agree about the paper selection. Paul seems to favor that bright white stock and I think it's too cold.

Comment

Yeah, I just couldn’t feel the love for GOBLIN that you did, Jeff, so thought I’d give it another shot at love in Martin’s arms.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X