X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Signature page

James Herbert's novel of genocide and germ warfare tackles the unpleasant subject of "what if the Axis had won World War II." However, rather than dwelling on the moral and philosophical aspects of life under such a reign, Herbert throws us right into the story, surrounding us with people of action who cannot take time to mull over the ramifications of this loss but who instead must fight and act. This thriller is a refreshing take on this theme, here presented with a whopping four bonus short stories by Herbert. Each copy is signed by James Herbert. WHAT A BOOK, YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    The Dark limited to just 150 copies signed by James Herbert & Brian Hodge who provided the foreword. This is a big, thick book with a lot of art, marbled endsheets, ribbon marker, printed front cloth, and beautiful back cloth from Europe and again a bonus short story and interview from long, long ago.

You can't really tell from the picture but the back of the book is covered by this amasing textured material that feels and looks great.

An example of the internal artwork

The US 1st cover

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Now i have always heard that Centipede Press make top notch books and when Knowing Darkness came out it encouraged me to break out and get a copy. I was so blown away by the quality and design on the monster artbook that i decided to sample some more of Jerads masterpieces. And where better to start than with the trio of novels by James Herbert that he has produced.
    The Fog limited to 300 copies signed by James Herbert & Ramsey Campbeell who provided the foreword. The book is smyth sewn with the original artwork from the UK & US 1st editions, with a yellow ribbon marker and translucent, fog like title pages. Even better are the 2 bonus short stories included.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    The Secret of Crickley Hall S/L

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Moon 1st edition

The Magic Cottage 1st

Sepulchre 1st

Creed 1st

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Shrine i am yet to read as with the other 1sg editions that will follow but i am trying to get to them as quick as possible because with a sypnosis like this - Alice, a deaf-mute, has a vision of a lady in white who says she is the immaculate conception. Suddenly Alice can speak, hear, and perform miracles. The visitation site becomes a shrine. But Alice is no longer the guileless child overwhelmed by her new saintliness. She has become the agent of something corrupt, a vile force centuries old - i can't wait to read them!
    Left is 1st edition & the right is a signed 1st edition again with accompanying letter from 'Frank'.

Domain 1st edition

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Unfortunately i am missing copies of 'Fluke' & 'Lair' but i don't mind waiting to snag copies.
    So next is a novel called 'The Spear' which was the first James Herbert book i read. A story of a Nazi occult trying to take over the world, what more do you want. It's cleverly done and never ending action from start to fiction.
    The book on the left is a 1st edition and the one on the right is a signed copy but with a faded spine. I have been in contact with 'Frank' who the book was made out to and he has provided a photocopy of a letter that Mr Herbert sent back when he signed the book.

Next is a book titled 'The Dark'. What are most people scared of? Yes you guessed it, the answer is the dark. Its in our instincts to fear things we can't see, a primevil fear that has been with the human race since its beginning. Herbert takes that fear to a spectacular new level which results in deaths worse than those that occured in 'The Fog'. Simply one of the best books i have ever read and one i need to aquire in fine condition, but this 1st edition will do for now as i have a Centipede Press version that will be shown later.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    An author who i have really got into in the past few months is James Herbert and i'm so glad that i have done. His books are bloody good reads and i can't encourage people enough to give them a try!
    His first novel way that was published way back in 1974 ( a few months before Mr King) and there were only 1,000 books produced. I was very lucky to find this copy because there are less than a handfull for sale on the internet and at 5 times the price that i paid for mine. its another library copy but i love it!

The second book that James Herbert had published just a year later is the infamous 'The Fog'. Its grusome deaths & sexual references gave it a name and in some places was banned. But Stephen King & especially Ramsey Campell have campaigned to have it recognised as the word of genius that it is. I feel very lucky to own this copy because depite being over 35 years old it is in mint condition and was signed at last years World Horror Con in Brighton.

His 3rd book came out in 1976 and was another hit. A plane chashes in a quaint english village and one man survives without a scratch to his body and with no memory as to his survival and to why the plane crashed. I mean he should do because he was the co-pilot and feel bad to have lived, buit is it just that, there is another feeling deep down that other forces are at play, darker forces. Thus off he goes in search of answers and it leads to a great read. Here is a near fine 1st edition.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    I just love looking at these collections!

What do you use to protect your dust jackets? That plastic cover seems like a good idea.
    Unless they are kept in a trycase and no dust can get to them i use broadart covers i think they are called, really make them look nice and sninny

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I just love looking at these collections!

What do you use to protect your dust jackets? That plastic cover seems like a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Well mines a PC copy
    So is mine.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Keep 'em coming, Tom!!
    I never tire of seeing fellow members' collections.

My He is Legend came without a slipcase (they seem te be still available, but are rather expensive), but with a Matheson signature.

sk
    Well mines a PC copy so no Mathson sig but i am happy with it

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Keep 'em coming, Tom!!
    I never tire of seeing fellow members' collections.

My He is Legend came without a slipcase (they seem te be still available, but are rather expensive), but with a Matheson signature.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man graphic novel

The Regulators S/L print with remarque by Alan M Clark

Riding The Bullet S/L print with remarque by Alan M Clark

Randall Flagg proof signed with remarque by Alex McVey

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Knowing Darkness. left is a dinged copy with no slipcase, right is a mint copy in its slipcase

Knowing Darkness traycased signed limited

Book, slipcase, art book

Leave a comment:

Working...
X