• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Fantastic!

I checked out those brodart covers by the way. Not sure how they work though. Do you cut them to fit the book? And then what? Do they stick to the inside or are they just like a folder cover that slides on?
    This is what i do, not sure if there is a correct way or not lol the covers come with the paper backing and the plastic/ascetate (not quite sure of the technical name) on the other. I face the thing paper side up on a flat surface and then slip the dustjacket in between with the artwork faced down. Carefully slide the dustjacket up as far as it will go and then fold over the cover sealing the dustjacket in place. If there is an excess of cover that has been folded over or at the sides then i carefully trim them with scissors and place the whole thing back on the book.
    It may take you a few times to perfect the technique of placing a cover on the dustjackets but i think its well worth it in the end. Also remember to be patient, in most books most of the value is in the dustjacket!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Another author that i feel more people should read is Carlos Ruiz Zafon. An author that my girlfriend introduced to me around 2 years ago and i used as holiday reading for when i visited her in Spain. All of his books were originally written in Spanish (which makes sense as he is Spanish) and in the last 10 years been translated into English and become worldwide hits.
    His 1st book that was released in English, 'The Shadow of the Wind' could posibly (if i had to pick) would be my favourite book ever and i have quite a few different editions of it.
    UK Proof

UK S/L & UK Illustrated editions

Signature Page

An example of some of the photos of Barcelona from when the book was set in the middle 20th century
    Subterranean Press has a Zaphron book in it's catalog...

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mer...duct_Count=157

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Another author that i feel more people should read is Carlos Ruiz Zafon. An author that my girlfriend introduced to me around 2 years ago and i used as holiday reading for when i visited her in Spain. All of his books were originally written in Spanish (which makes sense as he is Spanish) and in the last 10 years been translated into English and become worldwide hits.
    His 1st book that was released in English, 'The Shadow of the Wind' could posibly (if i had to pick) would be my favourite book ever and i have quite a few different editions of it.
    UK Proof

UK S/L & UK Illustrated editions

Signature Page

An example of some of the photos of Barcelona from when the book was set in the middle 20th century

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Fantastic!

I checked out those brodart covers by the way. Not sure how they work though. Do you cut them to fit the book? And then what? Do they stick to the inside or are they just like a folder cover that slides on?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Finally got time to add another update.
    Firstly the light was just right for taking pictures of books with darker covers so i wanted to take another few of my copy of 'The Gunslinger' just to show off how amazing it is. An unread book with a mint dustjacket ...

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Love those UK HCs of Ghost Story and Floating Dragon, probably going to have to get a copy of those for my own collection

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Love the UK Ghost Story...and I'm now looking at Herbert's novels...

...sooooon......

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    You got that one from me my friend (thought it was you!). Matheson was kind enough to sign 2 of those PC copies I had along with a couple other things for me (courtesy of my co-editor Jason) and they didn't last long of course. Thanks again for picking it up from me!

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    That's right too.
    I was very happy receiving the opportunity to buy it of you.
    Matheson's signature is the icing on the cake!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Over the past few weeks i have been very tempted to buy the 2 Grant editions that they have in stock at the moment. They look very impressive books and more than that, sound like a good read!

Leave a comment:

• darkdiscoveries
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Now i have always heard that Centipede Press make top notch books and when Knowing Darkness came out it encouraged me to break out and get a copy. I was so blown away by the quality and design on the monster artbook that i decided to sample some more of Jerads masterpieces. And where better to start than with the trio of novels by James Herbert that he has produced.
    The Fog limited to 300 copies signed by James Herbert & Ramsey Campbeell who provided the foreword. The book is smyth sewn with the original artwork from the UK & US 1st editions, with a yellow ribbon marker and translucent, fog like title pages. Even better are the 2 bonus short stories included.
    I second that! Jerad makes amazing books!!! That Lovecraft art book is insane. The King one as well. His books are very well-made and have their own unique look and style for many. I'm very much looking forward the Grant and Wagner books myself!

- James

Leave a comment:

• darkdiscoveries
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Keep 'em coming, Tom!!
    I never tire of seeing fellow members' collections.

My He is Legend came without a slipcase (they seem te be still available, but are rather expensive), but with a Matheson signature.

sk
    You got that one from me my friend (thought it was you!). Matheson was kind enough to sign 2 of those PC copies I had along with a couple other things for me (courtesy of my co-editor Jason) and they didn't last long of course. Thanks again for picking it up from me!

- James

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Floating Dragon by Peter Straub UK 1st

Ghost Story by Peter Straub, the first novel i read by him and i found it great from start to finish, love the cover art of this UK edition too

Koko by Peter Straub BCE

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied

Sacrifice by John Farris, Limited to 100 copies, each signed by John Farris.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Something Wicked This Way Comes UK 1st edition

Some more Centipede Press books
    Dragonfly by John Farris signed & limited to 300 copies.

Some Of Your Blood by Theodore Sturgeon, Limited to 300 copies, each signed by Steve Rasnic Tem and Harry O. Morris

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    James Herbert I used to read.
    Maybe I should give him another go.
    Again: grrrrrrrrrrrreat collection, Tom!

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X