• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    "Happy Potter" made me lol.

Now people at the office are staring at me...
    He's not "Happy" anymore; he's givin' up the devil water...

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    "Happy Potter" made me lol.

Now people at the office are staring at me...

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Just a quick question, is The Midnight Palace a sequel to The Prince of the Mist? Saw the Midnight Palace on sale in HB, and it looked really nice. Are they really YA, like the 1st Harry Potter book or a bit more serious?
    No, 'The Midnight Palace' & 'The Pince of mist' are stand alone stories. I would say they are more serious than the 1st Happy Potter but not as dark as the later ones. I still enjoyed reading them

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Just a quick question, is The Midnight Palace a sequel to The Prince of the Mist? Saw the Midnight Palace on sale in HB, and it looked really nice. Are they really YA, like the 1st Harry Potter book or a bit more serious?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I'll be sure to pick up a copy the next time I happen to see one.

Now time to do some work, although I'd gladly sit here all day and look at books.
    Cool and when you do i would love to hear your thoughts on the book please

My only regret is that i have yet to meet Zafon, his books have helped me through some bad times & have inpired me to write myself, i would love to say thank you. Must keep my eye out for a signing.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    The Midnight Palace
    UK proof

UK S/L

Signature page

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    These last two books aren't related to the world of 'The Shadow of the Wind' and were aimed at the young adults market but i still found them to be magical.
    The Prince of Mist
    UK Proof

UK signed trade edition

Signature

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Really i can't recommend 'The Shadow of the Wind' & 'The Angels Game' highly enough. I honestly rate them hight than anything i have read by King, though that could be just me!?
    I'll be sure to pick up a copy the next time I happen to see one.

Now time to do some work, although I'd gladly sit here all day and look at books.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    An example of the interior art

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    UK S/L

Signature Page

Sub Press S/L again with the most wonderfull illustrations by Vinnie Chong

Signature page

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    My mom reads Zafon, so I just automatically labeled him as some gushy romance writer and passed him by.

Looks like I'll have to give him a read as these books look interesting, already checked him out on amazon and the reviews are promising.
    Really i can't recommend 'The Shadow of the Wind' & 'The Angels Game' highly enough. I honestly rate them hight than anything i have read by King, though that could be just me!?

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Oh wow, that US 1st of Shadow of the Wind looks great! As well as the Sub Vinnie Chong edition!

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Nest came 'The Angel's Game', a prequel to 'The Shadow of the Wind' and again it was Zafon on top form because i love this book to. You can just loose yoursefl in the the extraordinary realism of the books.
    UK proof in mint condition

2 signed UK 1st editions

Signature with stamp that Zafon carries to som book signings

Signature with doodle of Angel wings

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    My mom reads Zafon, so I just automatically labeled him as some gushy romance writer and passed him by.

Looks like I'll have to give him a read as these books look interesting, already checked him out on amazon and the reviews are promising.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yes is does srboone and i am getting to them

A signed US 1st edition, oh and the dust jacket is in mint condition, its made to look old and damaged to fit in with the story!

The Sub Press S/L with artwork by Vinnie Chong who really did some great work in this book

Signature page

An example of the artwork - a small boys bedroom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X