X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    You will never forget it after you read it. Truly a master piece. Super high recommendation.
    I hear that from everyone. Hearing it from Gary, and the way he spoke of the book really got me into it. This one moved way up on my TBR list.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    You will never forget it after you read it. Truly a master piece. Super high recommendation.
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Prodigal Blues remains in my TBR file. I will have to try to get to it soon.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Prodigal Blues remains in my TBR file. I will have to try to get to it soon.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That is sooooooooooooo cool. I love his writing. A very under rated writer. Prodigal Blues is one of the best books ever. Nice adds.
    Gary and Lucy mentioned Prodigal Blues. It was a great retreat, although it may take me a few weeks to recover from staying up so late and having a drink or two over my limit.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Very cool

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That is sooooooooooooo cool. I love his writing. A very under rated writer. Prodigal Blues is one of the best books ever. Nice adds.
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    One addition that didn't show up...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13142[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    That must have been quite the retreat to be a part of. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Very cool adds!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    One addition that didn't show up...
    photo 2-3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Attended a writing retreat these last few days. Was able to pick the minds of some brilliant authors, as well as pick up some signatures. I had an excellent time.
    photo 1-2.jpgphoto 2-2.jpgphoto 3-3.jpgphoto 4-2.jpgphoto 5-3.jpgphoto 1-3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    That's awesome that she's a fan too! Great that you can share the experience.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Thanks!

My wife and I listened to this book on audio during a trip across country to see my family and we were all in. It was an awesome drive, the trip much more enjoyable. We did the same thing with Horns the following year, which was excellent although we prefer HSB. She loved Joe Hill so much she has begun to listen to Stephen King, so it has bridged a gap for us, as she didn't care for his work so much before. Now she is addicted to books-on-tape LOL, and I have someone close to share with. I still like the feel of a hardcover in my collection, though. Hopefully can get some good ones now that I have found CD.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    Nice collection. I'm a Joe Hill fan too.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    LOL, it might be so. Now i just need to find a constant source of money or have my wife become a sugar mama and I'll be fine,
    That's way to funny. I've told my wife on plenty of occasions that she needs to find herself a sugar daddy and then pass along the extra bucks to me! LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X