No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first set of peanuts look like those made of corn starch instead of styrofoam. Put them a glass of water and see if they dissolve. If they do, put a bunch in a glass, let them dissolve all the way, then add some dry ice for a lot of really cool bubbles that will overflow & run down the side of the glass. One of the old joys of packing perishable shipments.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

ARGH !!!!! The suspense is killing me - get to the PS goodies dammit !!!!

Very nice Nightshade stuff Squire !!!!

Comment

You probably got Rick Hautala's Reunion, I almost ordered this just in hopes I would get that book!
        Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Well, I've gotten all the PS books unpacked (it took about 30 minutes--these things were packed in the equivalent of military-grade body armour!) And I've counted them 3 times and I've come up with 27 different titles!! So a extra book was snuck in somewhere along the line. I looked online and they've removed the "26 different titles if you order two sets" due to dwindling stock. It's gonna take me a while to sort through them, but among authors I recognized were T.M. Wright and RIck Hautala. Included inthe 27 were two autobiographies (T.M. Wright's being one of them)!

But I noticed something else.

These are the packing peanuts used in the shipments (two boxes were in the bag).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7354[/ATTACH]

And these are the packing peanuts used by presses that I order from stateside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7355[/ATTACH]

I must meditate upon the social, political, metaphysical and moral quagmire created by this; but that is for later (as is looking through my PS books); my dogs are calling for their dinner and I need to press on with Master and Commander. Captain Aubrey has just lost his first officer Mr. Dillon (an exiled Irish revolutionary).

Comment

I will have to try the experiment with the packing peanuts, but later. A crisis at work and I needs go in early, so my exploration of the PS goodies will have to wait as well (so will my reading. Curses! Foiled again!)
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

If they came from PS Publishing, they use the cornstarch peanuts, not the Styrofoam ones like we use.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Took me way too long to scroll down on my phone to just see Dan confirming cornstarch. Why oh why did Dan have to change the posts per page.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Took me way too long to scroll down on my phone to just see Dan confirming cornstarch. Why oh why did Dan have to change the posts per page.
                Because I got tired of clicking to the last page of a thread and finding i missed 2 other pages of that thread because i wasn't very fast in catching up.... lol
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Its easier for u to click back than for me to flick my touch screen 30 times to get to the bottom.now fix it lol.

Comment

There are settings that you can change in your profile to fit your blackberry's needs. At the top of the page on the right next to My Profile, click settings. Then on the left side click general settings. Scroll down and you'll see thread settings and an area to select number of posts per page.
                    Last edited by Joe315; 04-24-2012, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I just love your Lovecraft additions, Suire!
                      That Guide to the Cinema of.... I've never seen before.
                      Is this a recent publication?

sk

Comment

Thanks, Siep (I just knew you would!). LitL is a 2006 book, so it's already 6 years outta date. I never looked at that when I bought it! But I love what I've seen just flipping through it.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks Joe. Iunno how you remembered my phone was a blackberry tho. Lol. Sure helped me though. Yad think Dan woulda told me that though lol.

Comment

Don't worry I'm not stalking you or anything. and your welcome, hope that makes it easier for you to browse on your phone

Comment

Teri, look behind you, he may be anywhere!

Really like your nightshade books Squire! Can't wait to see your PS goodies as well!

Comment

I've managed to take stock of my PS shipment, finally. What was promised me was: 13 different titles with at least one signed x 2 (26 books, 2signed). What I got was: 27 books, 13 signed (5 of which are signed and numbered, 8 which are PC copies--I think, because the space for the number has been left blank); of the 27 books, 5 are jacketed (2 s/n, 2 PC s/l, 1 unsigned).

Where to begin:

5 signed/numbered books

Sanity and Other Delusions by Gary Fry unjacketed S/N #134/352.

DSCF1689.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1696.jpg
                                Last edited by srboone; 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X