No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you Mr Boone, my first few purchases from CD were the BG's, but now I only look to buy those where I know I'll not get duplicates from previous bagz ..... Still, the GB's are great for the reader just starting off on their CD journey of discovery

Comment

Here's the first of Sarrantonio's Orangefield cycle: CD 2002. Cover art by Alan Clark.

OF1.jpgOF2.jpg
      Last edited by srboone; 02-17-2012, 12:11 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

End paper art by Glenn Chadbourne!

OF3.jpg

Interiors by Keith Minnion

OF4.jpg
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yep, grab bags are good for those starting out, didn't have any repeats in the 1 grab bag I've received so far and won't with the next since it's all unannounced titles. If they were in stock titles I'd be likely to get a lot of duplicates
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Second in Sarrantonio's Orangefield cycle. Cover art by Alan Clark, interiors by Keith Minnion. CD 2004

HE1.jpgHE2.jpgHE3.jpg

Very entertaining cycle of stories. Several of the parts of the three books started off as short stories. The openning section of Halloweenland was originally published as the novella The Baby.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My final Sarrantonio title (which came in my second grab bag). Cover art by Alan Clark. CD 2008.

HW1.jpgHW2.jpg

I do have New Halloween Poems (trade HC) edited by Sarrantonio. I still need to get Hornets and Others and Toybox; I might even want The Baby--but they've been pushed to the back burner indefinitely.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great stuff, sorry to hear about your experiences with SP, i haven't had any so far and love the books that i have from them, especially 'The Shaow of the Wind' & 'The Angels Game'

Comment

Thank, Tom. But at this point, not buying sp books directly and not allowing them proper noun staus in posts is kinda like quitting smoking and coffee for me. It's more a symbol of my resolve, now.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I haven't decided if this in on my TBR or not. I don't even know where and when I picked it up. I noticed it on my shelves one day.

U1.jpgU2.jpg

Published in 1979, obviously to take advantage of their Sword of Shannara notoriety (though they'd been painting sci-fi/fantasy art for 20 years by that time). So it could be an SOS knockoff.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Even a map in the same style!

u3.jpg
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Some pretty neat art.

u4.jpg

U5.jpg

Gandalf playing patty-cake with Ming the Meciless! (ok,ok, probably not.)

U6.jpg

Has anyone read this?
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's got Egyptians with lazzzers!! And Moses high five'ing a shaolin monk! It better be on your TBR list!

Comment

That's one damn fine book Mr Boone, it has it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agree.Have not read that book but it is an awsome piece of work.Are you sure it's patty cake they are playing and not just doing mma moves.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                It's got Egyptians with lazzzers!! And Moses high five'ing a shaolin monk! It better be on your TBR list!
                                You're right, Pete! TBR it is!

Have some rep on me!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X