X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    I always find this interesting too since (now I am assuming this is a self published work) POD books tend to have standard sizes so it's always weird to me when they come out different
    It's not self-published, as far as I can tell. The only indication (for me in my limited experience) is a copyright to CreateSpace.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Very cool adds! Nice inscriptions by the author, too!

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    So now I have two sets of The Northern Star trilogy. But I noticed something interesting about them. Okay, not really interesting, but noteworthy. Fine, it's NOT noteworthy, but it is unusual in my experience. Here is the set that I acquired individually:

Notice that the middle volume is larger than the other two (which are of differing heights themselves). Now here's the set I got from the

All the same height. Hmmm. Oh well. It's a conversation piece for basically boring people like myself.

But this is a great series and it is one of my favorite finds on GR.
    I always find this interesting too since (now I am assuming this is a self published work) POD books tend to have standard sizes so it's always weird to me when they come out different

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    So now I have two sets of The Northern Star trilogy. But I noticed something interesting about them. Okay, not really interesting, but noteworthy. Fine, it's NOT noteworthy, but it is unusual in my experience. Here is the set that I acquired individually:

DSCF5037 (296x400).jpg

Notice that the middle volume is larger than the other two (which are of differing heights themselves). Now here's the set I got from the auhtor:

DSCF5033 (300x400).jpg

All the same height. Hmmm. Oh well. It's a conversation piece for basically boring people like myself.

But this is a great series and it is one of my favorite finds on GR.
    Last edited by srboone; 07-23-2015, 03:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Finally, I received a trilogy I discovered on GoodReads. The first book was a GR giveaway win. The second and third books were given to me in PDF format by the author, but I have a l....just a hate/hate relationship with ebooks, so I bought them.

DSCF5025 (400x300).jpg

Actually, theres aren't the books I bought. I liked the series so much that I asked the author for a PO Box to send my copies to for him to sign; but the author just sent me three signed copies. I was one of the first to review The Northern Star: The Beginning (who wasn't a friend or family member) and the author said that gave him the moral support to finish telling the tale.

Cool!

DSCF5026 (300x400).jpgDSCF5028 (300x400).jpgDSCF5030 (300x400).jpg
    Last edited by srboone; 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    A recent book from CD:

DSCF5013 (300x400).jpgDSCF5021 (295x400).jpg

Another great cover from Vincent Chong (his Picking the Bones cover is still my favorite CD cover).

And a stop at B&N yielded this:

DSCF5023 (295x400).jpg

I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but it's on my TBR.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Thanks, Siep! Sorry to blow you off like that in the EP thread, but I could resist this monster post.
    No problem whatsoever, squire!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Very nice. Love the artwork and the backstory.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Very cool!

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Fantastic addition to the collection Squire. I love it!
    Last edited by Theli; 07-01-2015, 05:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Thanks, Siep! Sorry to blow you off like that in the EP thread, but I could resist this monster post.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Love it! Absolutely gorgeous book - and artwork.
    Congratulations, Squire!

sk

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Wow!!!!! Super outstanding. Amazing. . Awe inspiring. ......oh and the books not bad either. .

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    So would I!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X