No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to go see my chiropractor after openning the package. At least I'll have something read while I'm in traction!

thumbnailCA5AY4UJ.jpg
    Last edited by srboone; 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Kinky !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        I had to go see my chiropractor after openning the package. At least I'll have something read while I'm in traction!
        Oh, I don't think they were as heavy as It.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Oh, I don't think they were as heavy as It.
          Combined they're heavier. I think they where 8 pound packages where as IT was a 6 pound package.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Somethings from my Easton Press an movie collections:

UR1.jpg

Contains the original art for the books:

UR2.jpgUR3.jpg

The infamous Tar-Baby story. It's actually the first Uncle Remus story published. The briar patch ending was a few stories late.

UR5.jpg

A bookplate in this one too. I obviously don't ever want to get rid of this one.

UR4.jpg
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A friend of mine brought a Japanese LaserDisc over for movie night one Tuesday night. I was able to make an archival DVD copy of it for him (I actually got the menus to work.) He then gave it to me. That was cool of him (and unexpected).

SS1.jpgSS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

Now Sidney Poitier was the first African-American male to win an Oscar for Lillies of the Field (1963), but James Haskett was the firt to receive an Oscar (honorary) for his portrayal of Uncle Remus in Song of the South. Of course, good luck in finding this movie anywhere, it's locked in the Disney vaults--probably for all time. Every now and then, it's a Zip-Ah-Dee-Doo-Dah-Day at the Boone household.

This is really a good movie. Detractors who cry racism over SoS are deluded and can go to hell.
              Last edited by srboone; 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You have a great Easton Press collection Squire!

Comment

And I heartily agree about Disney's Song of the South. They need to "get over it" and let those of us who want to see the movie, see it.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I just noticed, after all these years, that I misspelled "Walt"! Crazy!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Agree on SoS.Just as bad as book burning.People forget the saying those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Comment

Hear !! Hear !! Totally concur, Terry & BW - done is done and can't be undone.

Comment

Here's the first real "collector's" item I came into contact with: An ARC for The Zimiamvia Trilogy. I ordered it because it was the sequel trilogy to my favorite fantasy book, The Worm Ouroboros. The description did not mention "uncorrected page proof" and I was not expecting what I got. I emailed the seller and he refunded my money, but told me to keep the book.

ZM1.jpg

ZM2.jpg
                          Last edited by srboone; 02-13-2012, 06:59 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Now, I don't mind reading an ARC at all (at least now I don't); but here's what bothered me.

ZM3.jpg

So the first book is here, but not the second or third books (in their entirties). But the table of contents shows them all and the pages are numbered for the entire omnibus, but pages 333-572 (what would be book 2) and pages 612-857 (book 3) are missing from the 1,000 page edition.

I guess that's the difference between a page proof and an ARC.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Still, it is well designed.

ZM4.jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And it is a 1st print of Dell's edition of the trilogy.

ZM5.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X