srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC2.jpg

This is turning out to be a pretty good week! Nothing expexted for tomorrow, but then IT scheduled for Thursday!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      DeNile iz knot da riffer inn Eygpt den ???? - damm pubic skool edukayshon !!!!!!

Excellent additions to the collection Squire, very tasty indeed !!!!!
      Almost spilt tea on my keyboard there Grant!

Comment

Great additions Squire. Ive been short on forum time lately, especially since stupid work installed monitoring software on the computers! I've still got about 50 pages of Grant's thread to look through!

BTW... Where's Siep?
        Last edited by peteOcha; 12-15-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Is it tea time across the pond? I can't say where Siep is, Pete he was last line on 29 Nov (as of this post) and I think his last post was early Nov. Grant seems to think it has to do with school. I left a message on his profile, but no word from him.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

No, it was breakfast time actually.

I was thinking school myself as well. Or maybe a really long movie/book marathon!

Comment

Nice "Martian Chronicles". I love me some Bradbury.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Waitin for the UPS guy...dohdedohdedohdedoh

In the meatime...

Growing up in a small mid-western town, reading beyond my grade leve and having to deal with sanctimonious elders who sought to curb my "unhealthy" reading habits, I had to resort to covert means to get hold of some juicy works. In the 4th grade, I noticed that one of the books read by a senior level English class in our highs school was Jackson's "The Lottery". So during a trip to the high school, I swiped one--they had 20+ copies. Surely they would not miss one!

Well, they did, and I got only a few stories into it before I had to hide the book. And, of course, I promptly forgot about it. I found it years later, in college, but I never picked it back up.

TL3.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

In 2009, I noticed Easton Press had a leatherbound copy of it, but it was out of print. It was published again in 2010 and I ordered it:

TL.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

TL1.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The frontpiece is the only art. Nice, if uninteresting.

TL3.jpg

The story ends with me curled up in an easy chair reading The Lottery by kerosene lamp during an ice storm. So my story has a happy ending!

...at least 5 hours to go still...
                      Last edited by srboone; 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Waitin for the UPS guy...dohdedohdedohdedoh

In the meatime...

Growing up in a small mid-western town, reading beyond my grade leve and having to deal with sanctimonious elders who sought to curb my "unhealthy" reading habits, I had to resort to covert means to get hold of some juicy works. In the 4th grade, I noticed that one of the books read by a senior level English class in our highs school was Jackson's "The Lottery". So during a trip to the high school, I swiped one--they had 20+ copies. Surely they would not miss one!

Well, they did, and I got only a few stories into it before I had to hide the book. And, of course, I promptly forgot about it. I found it years later, in college, but I never picked it back up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2400[/ATTACH]
                        Dear, oh, dear Mr Boone ... swiping a library book ???? You know what happens next, don't you ????

The_Library_Policeman_by_theelchemist.jpg

Comment

It wasn't a library book. It was one of multiple copies that were on the shelf in the english department of the high school in my home town. So there!

But I did steal it. And two years later, they took the book of the reading list and gave the books away.

But King's "The Library Policeman" from Four Past Midnightnight did give me pause over several titles I'd never returned over the years...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            It wasn't a library book. It was one of multiple copies that were on the shelf in the english department of the high school in my home town. So there!

But I did steal it. And two years later, they took the book of the reading list and gave the books away.

But King's "The Library Policeman" from Four Past Midnightnight did give me pause over several titles I'd never returned over the years...
                            The third most silent sound on earth - the sound of one hand clapping, the sound of a tree falling in a deserted forest and the sound of one hair splitting

Comment

Again, nothing new to anybody on this forum, but I picked it up on the rebound from CD. Thank goodnes some people don't pay their bills--there's are a lot of nifty books I wouldn't have otherwise!

DD1.jpg
                              Last edited by srboone; 12-17-2011, 09:00 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I REALLY like this book. I understand that it probably didn't turn out quite the way it was originally conceived, but it is quite nice. But I wondered how on earth I could make it...more special (specialer?)...

Then, I had an idea!

DD2.jpg
                                Last edited by srboone; 12-17-2011, 09:01 PM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X