No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some great books. I really like the Elric book and the illustrations are great. Your post also reminded me that I need another copy of Lisey's Story. I didn't realize until recently that there is a big plastic antitheft device stuck to the inside of the back DJ on my copy.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

nice additions Squire.No new books for me today.Maybe tomorrow.Waiting on 2 packages.Hope your stuff gets to you today.I will check back later if time permits.Must sleep now back to work tonight.

Comment

Thanks guys. It did me a world of good to go to 1/2P yesterday! Got back just in time to watch my Celtics win an overtime squeaker!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well, my extra special package has arrived and all is now momentarily calm in the bizarre realm known as Squire's World.

When Ronald Kelly posted pics of his that he received, freaked out because I had never heard that this had been published. But looking back, didn't notice THunderstorm books until After the Burn had been published. The Deluxe Special Edition of After the Burn.

DSCF2516.jpg

DSCF2510.jpg

DSCF2514 (480x640).jpg

I'd been scouring the net waiting for a copy to come up for sale, but I wasn't until 23May that one finally did, courtesy of Bad Moon Books. BW (I think it was BW...) notified me a few days later about the ebay lisitng, but I was already making plans by then.
          Last edited by srboone; 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF2518 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2520 (480x640).jpg

DSCF2522 (640x480).jpg
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Of course, I would have preferred to have one of the Roman Numeral copies, but I'll take a PC. I assume the numbered copies went to those people who have Master Memberships to Thunderstorm Books (of which one is left of the two that came available just before Memorial Day.)

DSCF2524 (480x640).jpg

Ron showed this pic on his ATB thread, but said it was an alternate photo for the signature/limitation page. Someone noted that it looked like Ron was taking some personal time on the throne and it became known as the "Nuclear Dump" photo!

DSCF2526 (480x640).jpg

And of course Zach McCain's cover art for the limited edition of ATB.

DSCF2530 (480x640).jpg
              Last edited by srboone; 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And Speaking of Zach McCain, he remarqued the book as well!

DSCF2532 (480x640).jpg
                Last edited by srboone; 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That is a great looking book. Great catch.

Comment

Thanks Joe. I wasn't sure how long it take me snag one of these puppies, but it was only a couple of months I think.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've also been trying to find a book published by Thunderstorm books. One was up on eBay right after it was published but I haven't seen one since. It's hard when there were only 60 published. I do want to wait and see how the author is though. The story looks interesting but I haven't read anything by him yet. I have one that I will soon so that will determine if I keep looking or give up on it.

Comment

Awesome Addition! I love the end-papers and the McCain remarque. Great stuff.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yep Squire it was me who pm'd you and I nknew last week when you started talking about your extra special package what it was.For conformation I went to the site and the book was gone and I knew where it went..Very nice book congats on a great find.Glad I could help push you over the edge.I actually thought about buying it and tormenting you with it. But the book was way out of my budget.Well enjoy.

Comment

It was well out of mine too, which is why I waited 3 days to get it. Once I knew you had seen it, though, I felt like one of those customers of Needful Things who rushed to get the Velvet Elvis picture before the other one had a chance. But don't worry, BMB did not make me promise to play a prank on anyone as part of payment. At least I don't think so....
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So here's my Ronald Kelly collection as it stands today. Not even one book shelf!

DSCF2535 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2537 (640x480).jpg
                              CD Mag #24 ("Exit 85" story by RK); NOCTULPA #1 ("Flesh Welder" by RK); Mine by Robert McCammon (inscribed to RK).

Of course, Uncle Stevie's got his own bookcase...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great collection sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X