• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

Comment

yeah. It's just a waiting game....
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well, the mail has arrived and contained many more packages than expected!

First up, The Beast House by Richard Laymon. The seller originally sent me The Cellar, but I returned it to him.

DSCF2397 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2399 (600x800).jpg

So now I've got #2 and #3 of the Beast House Chronicles. Now I just have to get a copy of the cellar, couldn't afford it at the time.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, the seller was so happy that I sent back The Cellerhe , he offered to put a gift in with the package with TBH. He gave me a list of books he had just gotten from an estate sale and I chose the 1st print trade HC of Carrion Comfort by Simmons. Great! I openned the package and this is what he sent me (not even on the list).

DSCF2400 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2403 (800x600).jpg

DSCF2404 (800x600).jpg

Now I'm not complaining. I didn't pay for the book anyway and it is has a bunch of cthulhu stories I don't have. Of course, "Crouch End" by King was included in Nightmare & Dreamscapes. But why send me a list and let me choose?

Oh well.....
          Last edited by srboone; 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Decided to try an edition from THe Book Depository to see if I like them. The price was right, so I ordered a signed copy of Railsea by China Mieville.

DSCF2412 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2414 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2417 (600x800).jpg

The slipcase is not really that well-constructed, but I'm happy with it. Don't know if I'll order anything else from them, but..
            Last edited by srboone; 05-29-2012, 10:46 PM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finally, the one I HAD been waiting for today. Again, the first thing I had ever ordered from Overlook, just to check out their production values. I'm sold on Overlook, I'll be giving their site the ocassional once over now.

DSCF2407 (600x800).jpg

DSCF2409 (600x800).jpg

The title page explains that this is the 4th edition of the book and it is revised and expanded. It is 400 pages long. CD's edition (I don't know which number it is) is 467 pages long. I don't own any of the other editions and I'm wondering what may have been left out of ealier editions. Oh well. I'm having fun looking through it.
              Last edited by srboone; 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, I'm still expecting a Carrie art print tomorrow, Killing Ghost on THursday and possibly a surprise package Friday or Saturday.Well, I know what's in it; the surprise would be that it comes this weekand not early next week.
                Last edited by srboone; 05-29-2012, 10:57 PM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You know about a year ago I could have told you what I had to add in to our revised ebook edition that wasn't in the original, but I can't remember now. I'll try and remember to look up the TOC for you later. There was also stuff removed from the new version that was in the original as King published some of the things that where "Unpublished".
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Still waiting on mine.It looks real good.congratulations on all the packages.

Comment

Good to know Dan, I never thought about that (that some stuff had been published since)! Thanks. Was the edition that CD published the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition?
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Good to know Dan, I never thought about that (that some stuff had been published since)! Thanks. Was the edition that CD published the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition?
                        I think it was the first, with our eBook version being the 3rd edition. I'm not sure what the 2nd edition was though.

Instagram

Comment

Thanks, BW. I just never know how a press assigns limitation numbers to a customer. I know that some ask for certain numbers, so Does that mean I was an early preorder of the book or do they just do it alphabeticly after all requested numbers are given out. Not that it matters.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks, BW. I just never know how a press assigns limitation numbers to a customer. I know that some ask for certain numbers, so Does that mean I was an early preorder of the book or do they just do it alphabeticly after all requested numbers are given out. Not that it matters.
                            We don't really have a specific method to it. I think everyone does it differently though. If it's something that doesn't have a lot of requested numbers, we'll do all the requested numbers first, then just number a large quantity of books and just grab off the piles to fill the orders. In most instances, unless you request a number there is no record of what number we sent you. I typically work from the highest number to the lowest number.

Instagram

Comment

I ordered this one early to and posted the thread so I hope it is being shipped alphabeticly.Or did you use ups.I think I ordered regular post.Well mine will get here soon enough.
                              Oh and Squire Sig. Series family photo probably this weekend I should have the 2 lost souls by the end of the day Thursday.

Comment

Cool, looking forward to it. My SK;UP&UC came media mail.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X