Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    It was so sad, I can't even begin to tell you. The one that I thought about getting that was in perfect condition was Mad Dogs by Brian Hodge. But I held off....
    It's not in your grab bag. I think I have 4 copies sitting here though... lol
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      Bad Dan! How dare you not be able to read squires mind and put that in his Grab Bag.

      Comment


        by the way Squire, +1 for the wallpaper!

        Comment


          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          This is the only copy of The Green MIle I have. 1st prints of the serial parts.

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8524[/ATTACH]
          Strange - I only have the 1st US printing of part 1. Plus the 1st printing of the complete UK collection. And I always buy 1st/1sts of both US/UK editions.
          I have no idea what happened!

          sk

          Comment


            Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            by the way Squire, +1 for the wallpaper!
            Thanks, Pete. I postioned the book so that Darren McGavin was admiring it as a Major Award!
            "I'm a vegan. "

            ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              Bad Dan! How dare you not be able to read squires mind and put that in his Grab Bag.
              So you chastise him AFTER he puts 11/22/63 in your grag bag!
              "I'm a vegan. "

              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

              Comment


                Yup, caught that! Artsy and creative! You do seem to have a dust issue however...

                Comment


                  I mentioned earlier that I was 4 out of 5 in the auction for Miss Kelly's Student Ambassador trip to Europe. The one I didn't get was Set's Quartet from Thunderstorm books. Well I got into a bidding war with someone and jacked the price up to $150 1 day before the auction ended. That was stupid because $150 was the most I'd be able to go. I learned mylesson and was able to snipe the other four. But at the same time, somone else had put up a copy of SQ at $199, probably thinking that whoever did not win would be willing to catch it on the rebound for a higher price. Well, after I lost, I offered $100 for it, telling the seller that the only reason the other one went for 150 was because it was for a good cause. He refused my offer because he had refused an earlier offer of $125.

                  Fair enough.

                  But I watched it and over the next week the price fell to 159, then 129, then 119 (rose briefly back up to 129 just before the auction ended, then went back to 119). That night at work, I looked at it and it had fallen to $99, so I bought it. At one dollar less than my offer! It was in the mail today.

                  SQ1 (574x800).jpg

                  SQ2 (562x800).jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

                  ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                  Comment


                    It has stories by JF Gonzalez, Nate Southard, Kelli Owens, Brian Keene, and Ronald Kelly in it. All are reprints.

                    DSCF2150 (600x800).jpg

                    DSCF2152 (800x600).jpg

                    I looked this book up on the TSB website and found it in the Gallery (1 of 4), but not the catalog. When I went to the TSB forums I found out that SQ is the CHapbook series that TSB will give free to those who purchase all of a certain series. I think the second one is for those who purchase all 8 of Ronald Kelly's Supercell editions.

                    All said and done, I would rather have gotten it from the Kelly auction, but I have it so I won't complain.
                    Last edited by srboone; 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

                    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      But I watched it and over the next week the price fell to 159, then 129, then 119 (rose briefly back up to 129 just before the auction ended, then went back to 119). That night at work, I looked at it and it had fallen to $99, so I bought it. At one dollar less than my offer! It was in the mail today.
                      That's awesome!
                      Brian James Freeman
                      brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                      Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                      Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                      Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                      Comment


                        You've got pro ebay skillz Squire! Great catch!

                        Comment


                          I got lucky! I assume you can tell if one of your items on ebay is one somebody's watch list. When I saw it drop to $99, I figured the seller just wanted to dump it and move on. Happy to oblige!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

                          ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                          Comment


                            Very good catch Squire.
                            Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            It has stories by JF Gonzalez, Nate Southard, Kelli Owens, Brian Keene, and Ronald Kelly in it. All are reprints.

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8622[/ATTACH]

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8623[/ATTACH]

                            I looked this book up on the TSB website and found it in the Gallery (1 of 4), but not the catalog. When I went to the TSB forums I found out that SQ is the CHapbook series that TSB will give free to those who purchase all of a certain series. I think the second one is for those who purchase all 8 of Ronald Kelly's Supercell editions.

                            All said and done, I would rather have gotten it from the Kelly auction, but I have it so I won't complain.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              I mentioned earlier that I was 4 out of 5 in the auction for Miss Kelly's Student Ambassador trip to Europe. The one I didn't get was Set's Quartet from Thunderstorm books. Well I got into a bidding war with someone and jacked the price up to $150 1 day before the auction ended. That was stupid because $150 was the most I'd be able to go. I learned mylesson and was able to snipe the other four. But at the same time, somone else had put up a copy of SQ at $199, probably thinking that whoever did not win would be willing to catch it on the rebound for a higher price. Well, after I lost, I offered $100 for it, telling the seller that the only reason the other one went for 150 was because it was for a good cause. He refused my offer because he had refused an earlier offer of $125.

                              Fair enough.

                              But I watched it and over the next week the price fell to 159, then 129, then 119 (rose briefly back up to 129 just before the auction ended, then went back to 119). That night at work, I looked at it and it had fallen to $99, so I bought it. At one dollar less than my offer! It was in the mail today.

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8609[/ATTACH]

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8611[/ATTACH]
                              Creepily Awesome Cover! Good catch Squire.

                              Comment


                                Than you, miss weatherbee!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

                                ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X