Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daninsky
    replied
    Well, I was going to go through and post my library by publisher in descending order of collection size, but I decided that I'd better post my CD stuff next, given that this is CD's site and all! Unfortunately, I actually started collecting Cemetery Dance a good deal later than most of the other publishers in my library, so my CD shelf is going to look a bit anti-climatic after all those Centipede photos. On the other hand, I do have a goodly number of CD publications on pre-order right now, so this shelf is going to fill out in due course. But for the moment, this is what I have from CD and, small as it may be, I am quite pleased to have what I do!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice collection!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Dear lord, man! That is one amazing collection of Centipede Press books! Some of those editions I didn't even know existed like the monstrous MotWT, which is just so cool. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Really Excellent, Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Originally posted by bugen View Post
    You're like the James Bond of books, where women want you and men want to be you.
    Hah shitfire, man. I'll admit that these books bring me a tremendous amount of joy as well as some periodic friendly (I hope!) envy from fellow bibliophiles...but the one thing they HAVEN'T brought me is roomfuls of adoring women!
    On the bright side, my wife is very understanding of my hobbies, so I've got that situation positioned about as happily as it can be.

Thanks again for your kind words, though. It really does totally make my day to share. And I love looking at you guys' stuff, too, make no mistake.
    Last edited by Daninsky; 01-09-2017, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very cool to see that, after looking for a copy for so long -- thank you for posting those pics, really appreciate it.

I suspect all the above photos will be revisited by me a number of times...what an outstanding Centipede collection. Good luck in your completist search!
    Thanks so much for your kind words! The investment (in effort, time, and money) in assembling all of these was fairly substantial so I am always thrilled when someone else get to enjoy and appreciate them as well. I collect about six other publishers (all of which I will post here in the coming days), but none quite as extensively as Centipede. The authors that Jerad picks tend to be very firmly in my wheelhouse with only a few exceptions, so I fell in love with his press the day I found it.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    I take back my 'awesome' comment; that's a spectacular collection!

You're like the James Bond of books, where women want you and men want to be you.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Very cool to see that, after looking for a copy for so long -- thank you for posting those pics, really appreciate it.

I suspect all the above photos will be revisited by me a number of times...what an outstanding Centipede collection. Good luck in your completist search!

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Referencing your earlier offer, I would love to see some additional close-up photos of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY.
    Certainly! And make sure to check your PMs please. Potentially interesting proposition in there for you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Good Lord… What an amazingly beautiful and impressive collection. I can't even think of how long I've been looking for a copy of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLEY...and there it is. I was beginning to think that I had imagined that they had published it, especially since I don't believe it's on their Books page.

My jealousy is only tempered by the fact that I have the Monette and Sloane volumes.

Referencing your earlier offer, I would love to see some additional close-up photos of THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 01-09-2017, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. I saw one Nosferatu, but not two, so I knew one had to be missing.

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Damn man, that is a hell of a collection! I like the hints of Easton Press books in there too.

Are you missing Nosferatu Studies in the Horror Film? Can't figure out the others off the top of my head.
    Nope, that's actually it in the center of that last photo. I AM missing Paul Monette's novelization of Herzog's Nosferatu, however.

I am also missing Claw of the Conciliator, Sword of the Lictor, and Citadel of the Autarch (Wolfe)
    To Walk the Night (Sloane)
    The Hot Spot (Williams)
    Film Studies for The Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead, and Videodrome
    and the art books for Don Brautigam and Max Ernst.

I am technically missing Chimera I and II, as well, I guess, but I am not actually sure which imprint they're even on, Centipede, Millipede, or one of the others. So whether I count them as missing depends on my mood at the time, hahaa. I would certainly buy them if I found them, though, so I guess I should say I am technically missing 13, not 11.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Damn man, that is a hell of a collection! I like the hints of Easton Press books in there too.

Are you missing Nosferatu Studies in the Horror Film? Can't figure out the others off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Finishing up with Centipede...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Daninsky
    replied
    Continuing with Centipede Press...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...