Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Lol, ok good then. I was one of those happy with the limited and saw a few of the folks over at DT didn't care for it too much, but I've also seen one of those guys knocking all Easton Press books.
    I know who you're referring to, Andrew. His glass it seems is always half empty on every subject rather than half full. As long as you're happy with your purchase is all that matters. Looks like an outstanding edition to me from what you've shown. Plus all the goodies to boot!

Comment

I don't like EP's books either. Maybe the insides are really nice, but the outsides are most definitely NOT my cup of tea.

Lol, ok good then. I was one of those happy with the limited and saw a few of the folks over at DT didn't care for it too much, but I've also seen one of those guys knocking all Easton Press books.

Comment

To each his own, of course. I certainly didn't mean to imply a personal preference was invalid. Calling E.P. books 'crap' just seemed a bit silly. I'm reading one today and personally find them of high quality.

But enough said by me on this, I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Brian, apologies for derailing your thread!
        Last edited by bugen; 03-14-2016, 01:57 PM.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          I don't like EP's books either. Maybe the insides are really nice, but the outsides are most definitely NOT my cup of tea.
          To each his own, of course. I certainly didn't mean to imply a personal preference was invalid. Calling E.P. books 'crap' just seemed a bit silly. I'm reading one today and personally find them of high quality.

But enough said by me on this, I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Brian, apologies for derailing your thread!
          It's all good, Andrew . Consider it an open ended thread where all can come to palaver on varies subjects of the day . Besides, having a discussion in my thread feels like having friends over for the afternoon. Easton books look really, really sharp to me as well. Especially when you see a ton of 'em on display in someone's collection. I only own the one though being it's a King book. But I like the look and feel of it.

No worries, Jason if you're not a Easton man. We like what we like and tis what makes the world go round, my friend .

Comment

Remarque of CD GE FAB8 by Mark Stutzman. Won in a HF auction:

FAB8 Mark Stutzman Remarque.jpg

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Absolutely stunning Brian! Huge congrats!

Comment

Love the remarque, Brian: congratulations!

sk

Comment

I agree with everyone else. That's a great Remarque! Congratulations on the addition to your collection!

Comment

Haven't read this one yet. Looks nice!
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I also like soccer and dislike the NFL so I'm good with being in the minority.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        No worries, Jason if you're not a Easton man. We like what we like and tis what makes the world go round, my friend .

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Very nice!
                          Thanks, Mike!

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Absolutely stunning Brian! Huge congrats!
                          Thanks, Dan!

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Love the remarque, Brian: congratulations!sk
                          Thanks, Siep!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I agree with everyone else. That's a great Remarque! Congratulations on the addition to your collection!
                          Thanks, Keith!

Haven't read this one yet. Looks nice!
                          Thanks, Andrew! Not my favorite from King by far but my love of Remarques overrides that .

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          I also like soccer and dislike the NFL so I'm good with being in the minority.
                          I'm pretty much only into NASCAR these days, Jason. A redneck book collector. I'm pretty sure that's pretty damn rare onto itself .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Remarque of CD GE FAB8 by Mark Stutzman. Won in a HF auction:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17968[/ATTACH]
                            I concur that that is a very nice remarque!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I concur that that is a very nice remarque!
                              Thanks, Martin!

Comment

Stuff that I have been gathering over the last few months and haven't posted. Falling down on keeping my collection thread updated as I've been spending way too to much time over on the TDT forum of late. First up is the CD Novella Series. Books 14-current are all #81 that I have been getting from a private collector who bought into the series years.
                                CD Novella Series.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X