Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turtleback Edition

Cycle of the Werewolf Turtleback 1.jpgCycle of the Werewolf Turtleback 2.jpg

Comment

I've been wanting the Turtleback edition just to help complete my hardcover SK collection. No other reason.

And while I don't have any remarques, I've always collected things that I enjoy and never with the eye for resale. Seen too many hobbies get ruined by people only buying because it'll be worth more later. Heck, my industry has that same problem generally speaking.

If you like something, then that's reason enough to own it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        I've been wanting the Turtleback edition just to help complete my hardcover SK collection. No other reason.

And while I don't have any remarques, I've always collected things that I enjoy and never with the eye for resale. Seen too many hobbies get ruined by people only buying because it'll be worth more later. Heck, my industry has that same problem generally speaking.

If you like something, then that's reason enough to own it.
        You can find them on Amazon pretty reasonable. I'm actually thinking maybe about buying more of them just because. Completely agree about the main reason to own something.

Comment

Arrived today. My favorite by far in the series. It's a nice heavy book and great artwork throughout.

Skeleton Crew PS 01-12-16 A.jpgSkeleton Crew PS 01-12-16 B.jpg
          Skeleton Crew PS 01-12-16 C.jpgSkeleton Crew PS 01-12-16 D.jpg

Comment

It's really a fantastic edition! I wasn't keen on the original art (though I think even it turned out better than I had anticipated) The more I see it the more I want it...

Comment

I thought about getting out of the series initially based on the quality of the other books but the allure of having the same number throughout kept me in. Glad I stayed based on the quality of this edition and hopefully it will only get better moving forward with 'Salem's Lot on the horizon. I don't really care for the slipcase art though as it doesn't match the dj art like the rest. Sticks out like a sore thumb a bit amongst its companions.
              Last edited by Brian861; 02-06-2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

It is a lot lighter colour (being white and all...) than the other slipcases, but not all of them had the same art for the slipcase as the book itself. I know for sure that neither edition of Thinner had a matching slipcase to the cover. To be honest I actually really like the Skeleton Crew slipcase, might be my favourite of the bunch so far, part of what is tempting me to make the purchase... We shall see, can't own everything and to each their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  We shall see, can't own everything and to each their own!
                  True. I was thinking more along the lines of matching colors rather than an exact match to the DJs where the other books were concerned. My favorite slipcase cover art from PS is Carrie in the series. I like how they placed the program for the prom on the outside for that fateful evening......

Comment

Couple more Remarque's added to my collection along with DJ art from Glenn

Wolves of The Calla Remarque which of course you guys have seen from The Haven auction
                    Wolves Remarque 2.jpg

Remarque from The Bazaar of Bad Dreams which I thought was hilarious LOL! I haven't read the book yet so really can't relate to it yet.
                    TBOBD Remarque.jpg

And the DJ art for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
                    TBOBD Cover.jpg

Comment

Very cool remarques! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Couple more Remarque's added to my collection along with DJ art from Glenn

Wolves of The Calla Remarque which of course you guys have seen from The Haven auction
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17612[/ATTACH]

Remarque from The Bazaar of Bad Dreams which I thought was hilarious LOL! I haven't read the book yet so really can't relate to it yet.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17613[/ATTACH]

And the DJ art for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17614[/ATTACH]
                        When you read it the story the re-marque relates to is very obvious.

Comment

Thanks, Theli!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            When you read it the story the re-marque relates to is very obvious.
                            I think it stated it was taken from the story "Bad Little Kid"?? Could be mistaken on the title as I haven't even cracked open my reading copy to scan the TOC. It's next up after I finish off Duma Key (which I'm really digging so far btw!). Do you guys have any Remarque ideas for The Drawing of the Three? It's up next on my list. Thanks!

Comment

I think it stated it was taken from the story "Bad Little Kid"?? Could be mistaken on the title as I haven't even cracked open my reading copy to scan the TOC. It's next up after I finish off Duma Key (which I'm really digging so far btw!). Do you guys have any Remarque ideas for The Drawing of the Three? It's up next on my list. Thanks!
                              Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a Lobstrosity.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That is the story and the image is exactly how I pictured him!

Comment

Working...
                                X