Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Cemetery Dance's edition of 'Disappearance at Devil's Rock' by Paul Tremblay.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Dark Region's 30th Anniversary Edition for 'Offspring' by Jack Ketchum.

The bonus material has less to do with the book itself and more to do with remembering Ketchum who passed away shortly before this book this was announced in 2018. There's a lengthy archival interview with him and some rare personal photos (Dallas Mayr was his real name; Ketchum was a pen name).

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 03-11-2023, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I'm also not the biggest fan of CD's mass signing sheets either, but I don't hate them. I just kinda find them "meh" to my collector sensibilities. I'm also with Ron in that Thunderstorm's author pictures signature page weren't my favorite. It was an interesting idea, but it didn't add much in my opinion. SST's stylized signature pages are some of my favorite. They're fun and tie into the books well without feeling too cheesy.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Oh yes - CD's massive chaotic signature sheets. I have a few editions like that. Not a fan either.

Probably similar to Easton Press for aesthetically speaking - I don't like the look of their books. Period. Especially the spines with SIGNED EDITION on them. I know they have a definite classic design, but it's not for me.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Maybe it's silly, but I've been LOVING what SST has been doing with their signature sheets lately.
    No, not silly...signature pages can really make a difference in how one views a signed/limited edition. While I still loved the press at the time and its overall design aesthetic, I wasn't much of a fan of the early(ish) era when Thunderstorm had a large author's photo on the signature page. I have no idea why, but that particular presentation just rubbed me the wrong way, and there were probably a few books of theirs that I otherwise would have bought but skipped because of that issue. Another example: I loved signed/limited anthologies, but my enthusiasm for them cooled off some when some publishers, like CD, turned to mass signing sheets of a dozen-plus scribbles rather than the more classic, organized format of individual lines for each authors with the name typed below. We like what we like, and that's what keeps this hobby interesting and different for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Maybe it's silly, but I've been LOVING what SST has been doing with their signature sheets lately.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    New arrival from SST Publications...

'We Sold Our Souls' by Grady Hendrix.

'The Final Girl Support Group' by Grady Hendrix.

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 03-03-2023, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's artist edition for 'Hannibal' by Thomas Harris.

I particularly like the endpaper art which was not on the numbered.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Beautiful Suntup books! I wish my budget and their choice of books to publish would line up more as they always make very attractive limited editions.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's numbered edition of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's numbered edition of 'Imajica' by Clive Barker.

As you can see it's a very big book.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Not a book but I got a 'Thanksgiving card' from Grady Hendrix in the mail yesterday. It's because I ordered from him in the past but when I saw the envelope I was like "Why did Grady Hendrix send me a letter?"

It's a pretty thick piece of board as well which is nice for collecting purposes.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is an ARC of Cemetery Dance's 'Midnight Under the Big Top'. I generally don't collect ARCs, but this was a book I was curious to read and I was able to get it for a very cheap price (thanks to c marvel on this board).

A piece of Glenn Chadbourne's interior artwork, this one for 'The Black Ferris' by Ray Bradbury.

And speaking of circuses, here's another Pennywise Funko Pop. I've lost track of how many I have at this point but I loved the scene in 'It: Chapter 2' where 'human' Pennywise smears makeup on his face before raking his nails in it so this was a must-have for me.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Still nothing. Damn.

Congrats on your ticket though!
    I bought mine from Camelot, so, no rush....Good Luck with the ticket!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 11-11-2022, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

. . . goes and rechecks his box . . .
    Still nothing. Damn.

Congrats on your ticket though!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X