X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    The ticket was in the box separate from the book.
    . . . goes and rechecks his box . . .

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Thank you. I haven't been this excited about a book release in a long time. Not because of the Golden Ticket chance, but the contents inside the cover. Anytime you can open the imagination in an adults mind, you have accomplished something.

Ralph A Mulleins
    ---------------------------
    Authors Page- https://tinyurl.com/3wr4tcsd

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Congratulations on the "Golden Ticket". That's a collectible in itself. Was the ticket in the box or sealed inside the book and slipcase?

Ralph A Mulleins
    ‐-----------------------------------------
    Authors Page- https://tinyurl.com/3wr4tcsd

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Those are all fantastic. Congrats on the golden ticket. That is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is Suntup's artist edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.

In addition to the book, my package also had a 'Golden Ticket'. Twenty-five of these tickets were inserted randomly into the books with different prizes accompanying them. I was able to redeem mine for a $100 gift card. Needless to say finding the ticket in my box was pretty exciting and I'm grateful to Paul for the prize.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Volume Two:

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    I recently acquired the two volumes of 'The Secretary of Dreams' from Cemetery Dance. These were two books that I always had my eye on but the prices on the secondhand market were too steep for me. Fortunately The Collector (skcollector.com) recently had them on sale for a reduced price.

For those who don't know they're Stephen King anthologies that present his stories as either comics or illustrated prose with art by Glenn Chadbourne.

Volume One:

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is SST's limited edition of 'My Heart is a Chainsaw' by Stephen Graham Jones. I have mixed feelings about the book; the narrative is a bit of a slog but I found the main character (a teenage girl who is obsessed with slasher films) to be endearing.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is cool. No idea their was a DVD. Congrats on this one.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    This is PS Publishing's limited edition of '20th Century Ghosts' by Joe Hill.

I really lucked out with this one. It was being sold on eBay for $300. I put it on my watchlist to keep an eye on it and a few days later the seller offered it to me for $150. Needless to say I grabbed it. (I've occasionally received offers before but nothing like that.)

Also included is an an envelope with art cards and a bonus DVD.

The DVD includes two short films based off Joe Hill's work, 'Pop Art' and 'Abraham's Boys'. 'Abraham's Boys' was co-written by a pre-Stranger Things Matt Duffer. Here's a look at the DVD menu and two screenshots of the films themselves. ('Pop Art' is available to purchase on Google Play but I haven't been able to find 'Abraham's Boys' at any retailer.)

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That VHS is pretty cool. I hadn’t heard of this particular trend. I remember when the trend was to release DVDs in cases to resemble the old VHS cases/slips.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    These aren't books but they're related to two authors I collect.

First is a new Pennywise Funko Pop. It has neon colors that glow under a black light.

Second is a VHS copy of The Woman. The Woman is an adaptation of Jack Ketchum's novel that I've featured here a few times. It's become a trend lately to rerelease new horror films in VHS as collector's items. I normally don't collect them but as a Ketchum fan I got this one. It also has notes from the producer and the director (Andrew van den Houten and Lucky McKee respectively).

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Ok, so that’s a great looking set of books. Wow. Congrats on getting the matching numbers. There’s something so satisfying when the pieces fall together and you compete a set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X