No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last but not least: The Mailman by Bentley Little. Mr. Little is divisive on the forum and I find his work rather hit-or-miss, but when it hits I like it quite a bit.

IMG_1450 (2).jpgIMG_1451 (2).jpgIMG_1452 (2).jpgIMG_1453 (2).jpgIMG_1453 (2).jpgIMG_1454 (2).jpg

Comment

Nice adds, Keith!

Comment

Some great additions there, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Some great additions there, thanks for sharing!
          Seconded - or thirded - very nice additions!

That reminds me I still need to make my own thread.

Comment

Very nice adds. Invisible Fences is one of my favorite books.

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Very nice adds. Invisible Fences is one of my favorite books.
              I'm looking forward to reading it! I keep going back and forth on my decision to pick up the lettered. Now I want the rest of the series in lettered editions! The only thing completely holding me off is that the lettered editions for this series have been discontinued. On the other hand, at least I wouldn't have to worry about new announcements!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                Last but not least: The Mailman by Bentley Little. Mr. Little is divisive on the forum and I find his work rather hit-or-miss, but when it hits I like it quite a bit.
                Well, to be fair, Little seems to only be a miss with me. I'm the only one making it divisive here! But that is one beautiful book, regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  Well, to be fair, Little seems to only be a miss with me. I'm the only one making it divisive here! But that is one beautiful book, regardless!
                  Not trying to send you back to Mr. Little but The Mailman is my favorite Little read and a great story!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Not trying to send you back to Mr. Little but The Mailman is my favorite Little read and a great story!
                    If memory serves, I think it was THE MAILMAN that Jeff read and, to put it kindly, didn't like. Given that that novel is pretty representative of Little's style and eerie and surrealistic bent and is one of his better novels, he just oddly enough doesn't seem to be Jeff's thing.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      If memory serves, I think it was THE MAILMAN that Jeff read and, to put it kindly, didn't like. Given that that novel is pretty representative of Little's style and eerie and surrealistic bent and is one of his better novels, he just oddly enough doesn't seem to be Jeff's thing.
                      In that case I retract my statement and acknowledge my memory is shot!

Comment

How dare you have your own opinions and not like what everybody else likes?! Honestly, I think Little is a divisive author in general; one either gets his work and goes for the ride, or just doesn't. For me, I like his stuff enough when it hits that I'm willing to trudge through the stuff that doesn't.

Comment

Here is my newest addition: the lettered edition of Butterfly by Simon Clark.

IMG_1490 (2).jpg
                          IMG_1491 (2).jpg
                          IMG_1492 (3).jpg
                          IMG_1493.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Here is my newest addition: the lettered edition of Butterfly by Simon Clark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21014[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21015[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21016[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21017[/ATTACH]
                            Great addition!

Comment

Beautiful copy!

Comment

Beautiful copy!
                                Nice, Keith!

Comment