No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff, Dan! Completely agree about Penric's Demon from Lois McMaster Bujold. Love the DJ art and although I'm not a must-have-sig guy; it's nice to see a nice one all the same.

Comment

Great now I need to rewatch all of these classic Eastwood films. I'm pretty sure that my GF hasn't ever seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Great now I need to rewatch all of these classic Eastwood films. I'm pretty sure that my GF hasn't ever seen them.
        There's a hell of a lot worse things you could do with your time!

Just got this in the mail, with a rare remarque from Tomislav Tikulin:

Now I have two copies of Carrie. Think I'll hold onto my first copy for the time being though, the price has actually dropped a bit on it (unlike 'Salem's Lot and prospectively The Shining) so I think I'll wait until the whole series is released before selling/trading, unless something really worthwhile comes up.

Comment

Some more King books remarqued/doodled arrived recently.

Grant edition of Desperation remarqued by the on and only Don Maitz:

I can't wait to get the remarqued copy of The Shining!

I was able to contact Mr. Palumbo and he agreed to remarque my copy of 'Salem's Lot since I unfortunately missed out on CD's offer. Totally blown away by this one. I love it!

Can't wait for my portfolio with original art from Palumbo and Chadbourne too!

And a 1st/1st copy of Rose Madder with a small remarque/doodle from Mark Geyer, who also did work for Sub. Press' Green Mile and the PS Pet Sematary.

Last edited by Theli; 07-28-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I read and enjoyed Joe R. Lansdale's Cold in July (also really liked the movie too, great adaptation) recently and decided to track down the s/l from Ziesing publishing. I'm looking forward to reading Savage Season too.

Comment

Very nice adds, Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                Whelan is great! I don't have too much from him but the few I do, like DT 7, are super-nice. Also really liked his cover for Top of the Volcano.

And yeah, Josie Wales was an excellent western. It'll be a while before I forget that mini-gun in the back of the wagon.
                High Plains Drifter!! Is he or isn't he???

Comment

I've looked at this set a couple of times, but the stars and the money haven't lined up yet LOL!! Great grab!

Comment

Yep, that remarque is really nice.

Great covers for the Lansdale books, too. I haven't read these yet but will get there sooner or later. I loved Hot in December but not really sure how that relates to Cold in July.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      I've looked at this set a couple of times, but the stars and the money haven't lined up yet LOL!! Great grab!
                      It was a bit pricey but I negotiated with the seller on a price we could both agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                        Yep, that remarque is really nice.

Great covers for the Lansdale books, too. I haven't read these yet but will get there sooner or later. I loved Hot in December but not really sure how that relates to Cold in July.
                        Gonna try and hunt down a copy of that one too.

Comment

I scored my set on eBay - I almost felt guilty for the price. I don't think the seller knew what he had.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          It was a bit pricey but I negotiated with the seller on a price we could both agree on.

Comment

Love that Lansdale slip case set. Awesome.

Comment

Thanks Tom!

Some more new goodies; My first King signed lettered edition, huge Thompson fan too, so this is quite a coup for me.

I was really wanting to find this for a good price, and I found one that seemed fair. Great edition as usual from CP. Packed with ink art and old cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                Thanks Tom!

Some more new goodies; My first King signed lettered edition, huge Thompson fan too, so this is quite a coup for me.

I was really wanting to find this for a good price, and I found one that seemed fair. Great edition as usual from CP. Packed with ink art and old cover art.

Fantastic additions!

Comment

Working...
                                X