No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple new Subterranean Press editions.

The colour plates and cover art from Edward Miller (Les Edwards), wish he'd signed this one along with Lynch.

And the new K.J. Parker novella just released:

Comment

And the piece de resistance:

A first edition of the Arthur Rackham illustrated edition of The King of the Golden River, with dust jacket, featuring 4 colour plates, and various black & white piece through out.

Signed and remarqued by the master of fantasy art himself:

Comment

Sweet, congrats! Now that you've posted the name here and a couple of examples I realize I've seen Rackham's art all over the place in fairy tales.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Fantastic adds! I have to say, Rothfuss is slowly working his way onto my GRRM shit-list. Let's get the 3rd book out already lol!!

Comment

Great adds, Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Fantastic adds! I have to say, Rothfuss is slowly working his way onto my GRRM shit-list. Let's get the 3rd book out already lol!!
              So true, hahaha! Ah well, can't rush art I suppose...

Originally posted by bugen View Post
              Sweet, congrats! Now that you've posted the name here and a couple of examples I realize I've seen Rackham's art all over the place in fairy tales.
              Yup, he illustrated many volumes of fairy tales, Alice in Wonderland, Wagner's Ring Cycle and King Arthur as well.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Great adds, Dan!
              Thanks Brian!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                A couple new Subterranean Press editions.
                The Scott Lynch books are great and the SubPress editions look fantastic. Do you have the first two yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  The Scott Lynch books are great and the SubPress editions look fantastic. Do you have the first two yet?
                  No not yet. This one was still available on the Sub. Press website. I still have yet to read the series, but I'd read one of Lynch's shorts and was completely enamoured, figured what better way to read them than the Sub. Press printings.

Comment

Well, it's been a spell since I'd last uploaded some additions to my collection and I figure it's about time again.

Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself s/l/d 1st/1st, very proud to have snagged this one.

An ARC of Justin Cronin's The Passage, found it for less than $15 at my favourite used book store and snapped it up.

Signed and illustrated limited edition of Daniel Polanski's The Builders, it's caused quite a stir among fantasy fans and I wasn't satisfied with the sole PB release.

Most of you should recognize this guy, hoping to get it remarqued by Palumbo, just working out a deal...

Comment

Snagged a couple lettered copies of Steven Erikson's novellas from a good ol' bloke from the tdt.org forum. Crack'd Pot Trail also had a couple illustrations within, but I didn't snap and pics. None for Wurms of Blearmouth though.

My newest Sub. Press novella arrived a couple days ago, Penric's Demon from Lois McMaster Bujold. A fantastic leather binding, I love her signature, just beautiful.

And last but certainly not least a signed and sketched copy of The Man With No Name with Roland Deschain on the cover by Michael Whelan, which really has no direct connection with The Dark Tower, however the films did inspire King in writing the series.

Last edited by Theli; 06-04-2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Well, it's been a spell since I'd last uploaded some additions to my collection and I figure it's about time again.

Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself s/l/d 1st/1st, very proud to have snagged this one.

An ARC of Justin Cronin's The Passage, found it for less than $15 at my favourite used book store and snapped it up.

Signed and illustrated limited edition of Daniel Polanski's The Builders, it's caused quite a stir among fantasy fans and I wasn't satisfied with the sole PB release.

Most of you should recognize this guy, hoping to get it remarqued by Palumbo, just working out a deal...
                        Nice additions. Love that copy of The Builders!

Comment

Awesome stuff! I got so into those Sergio Leone films back in the day I went through Eastwood's entire library, buying a ton of them in the process. Really liked Once Upon a Time in the West, too, and will never forget those 3 dudes in dusters pretty much materializing out of the desert. Heck of a filmmaker, giving us the quintessential gunslinger. King was so right to model off this.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Yeah I loved The Man With No Name trilogy. Another favourite Eastwood flick of mine is The Outlaw Josie Wales. But to be honest I didn't by the comic for anything to do with the films or Eastwood, but rather for Whelan's art

Comment

Whelan is great! I don't have too much from him but the few I do, like DT 7, are super-nice. Also really liked his cover for Top of the Volcano.

And yeah, Josie Wales was an excellent western. It'll be a while before I forget that mini-gun in the back of the wagon.
                              -John Barth

Comment

The first Whelan works to capture my imagination were his cover art for the Elric novels by Michael Moorcock, which also adorned the album covers of my favourite band Cirith Ungol. I've been hunting a remarqued copy of those for years, would trade this in heartbeat to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X