No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool adds! Congratz on the Illustated SL; and I've never seen that in a tip-in either.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice adds. Love the Simon Clark book.

Comment

Just got a box full of Ronald Kelly books:

Love the fake suede on this one, it feels so soft

Beautiful endpapers too.

The rest of them are bound in real leather, which is always nice.

Also love the endpapers on this one, almost hypnotizing.

Comment

The Dark'un

Or just The D in this photo

Number 91, or lettered ie?

And finally the one I am looking forward to most (from Ron's personal recommendation, actually can't wait to read Timber Gray too):

Wasn't even supposed to get Restless Shadows in the bunch, but I guess Paul at Thunderstorm books was feeling generous (he really is awesome). So I'll have two copies soon, as I am getting a personalized one from Ron himself.
          Last edited by Theli; 03-21-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Those are some awesome adds to your collection, Theli.
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

Those are all great books! I agree about Timber Gray, it is one great looking book. The Bitter Ale line from Thunderstorm is very similar but in black instead of brown. Very nice of Paul to throw in the extra book. He did that for me a while back as well. My wife made a comment recently that the books I buy are expensive, but the customer service I've gotten from the small press publishers (CD, Thunderstorm, etc) is fantastic. I have to agree with her!

Comment

Thanks! And yes she is right, it's amazing the kind of customer service I have received from most small press publishers and distributors.

Comment

Nice set of Kelly books, you got there! And I agree, Paul at TB is awesome; someone who really understands and appreciates the customers and authors who make his company what it is. It's great to see Ron having found a home at TB.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Great looking books. I hadn't seen (or just don't remember seeing them) photos of Timber Gray before. Very nice.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Nice haul. Love the Ronald Kelly stuff. I also checked my copy of Vampiric and Vampiric Rites. Both signature sheets are short also in my copy of Ray Garton' s Slivers of Bone the signature sheet is short. So it was done for all of them that way. I will look through the rest of the books that were published that year to see if it was like that for every book. I know that was a rough time for CD.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the shorter sig sheets was an intentional experiment that they decided was not the way to go.

Comment

Interesting, it just seemed kind of odd.

Comment

It does not bother me. Kind of like it....But then again I am kind of odd.

Comment

I have no problems with it, I just hadn't seen it before. Didn't realize there was at least a couple more books with sig. sheets cut the same way.

Comment

Another nice addition arrived in the mail today, 1990 Alfred Knopf first signed/slipcased edition of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles . A very classy edition, love the deckled pages. Wish it was leatherbound though. Easton Press has a beautiful leatherbound edition of the first 5 novels, with Interview being signed, but it is damn pricey, so beggars can't be choosers and I will be happy with this wonderful edition, besides in this edition all 3 books are signed.

The seller had put a sticker on the protective mylar covering that said 'signed', kind of annoying, but at least it's not on the book itself. I peeled them off, but it left a residue. I'll have to get Goo Gone or Goof Off to remove it.
                                Last edited by Theli; 04-03-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X