Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    I find him easy to read, but I sometimes find his stuff is quirky for the sake of being quirky. Weaveworld is a good example. But it still is a marvelous fantasy and provocative statement on the nature of art.
    Last edited by srboone; 06-19-2014, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Very nice! Haven't read Imajica yet.
    I see on Goodreads you gave Weaveworld a very high rating. Would you say Barker is pretty easy to read?

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Very nice! Haven't read Imajica yet.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    And just arriving this afternoon to me...... one I've wanted to get my hands on for a while. It will likely be near the top of my TBR file, or maybe another title of his I own (Weaveworld? Great and Secret Show?)
    imajica.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    And, didn't post this, but I do own a copy, and am reading it now....
    mr merc.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    TJ I stumbled on Samhain a while back because of a John Everson tweet and picked up a few books during a 60% off sale, including Shea's Forest of Shadows and Evil Eternal. The only 1 of the group I've read so far is Maynard Simms' The Eighth Witch, but he was a new author to me and I dug the book (a lot). Been meaning to read Evil Eternal for weeks now. It seems they're doing something right over there... maybe Samhain has a finger on the pulse.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I found him via Samhain Publishing - have a lot of e-books and also print too. I really enjoyed his Forest of Shadows - I'd give him a try if you have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Nice. Another author I'm not familiar with.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Cool, hadn't heard of him. Nice add.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Just arrived today - my latest Goodreads win.... ARC of an author I just stumbled upon somehow

montauk front.jpg montauk rear.jpg

I loved Hunter Shea's Forest of Shadows - got it for my Kobo from Samhain - If you haven't checked out his stuff yet, I suggest you give him a try.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I, sadly (yes I know...), have not read Swan Song yet...

As I said, I stumbled upon Fire on Goodreads where it shows you similar books, or whatever it is. It isn't high on my TBR list, but wanted to give it a look, and thought the cover was cool in a simplistic way.
    fire.jpg

Now, seeing your post.....WOW, very similar indeed, and no doubt intentional.

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    And today's arrival, via AbeBooks (although I prefer the other version of the cover....)
    This cover was, IMO, a blatant attempt to resemble the covers of Pocket's Robert McCammon novels, most especially Swan Song, which the tagline referenced. (I personally thought Fire was pretty awful. Certainly not in the same class as Swan Song or The Stand.)

ss_10_pb.jpg

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I discovered it on Goodreads somehow - it does sound like a pretty cool story. Not sure when I will get to it.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    You have some great adds there! Awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Never heard of the book or author, but the premise sounds delightfully chaotic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X