Lincolns collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Just discovered Herbert last year with a read of the Fog, I loved it. I look forward to exploring his work further. Love the covers on the both versions, the first copy of the Dark has a particularly unsettling cover.
    The books of blood are cool too!
    The Fog is an absolutely fantastic book and I am surprised it hasn't been turned into a movie yet, as I am sure with the right Director on board, this would make an excellent horror film. My hometown (Salisbury) features as a location in The Fog, as does other nearby towns that I am extremely familiar with such as Andover and Bournemouth. This makes reading the book quite eerie when recognizable locations are mentioned and described.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

T-Dogz, The Fog was made into a movie by John Carpenter. It even had a horrible remake. Look it up and watch it, it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
        T-Dogz, The Fog was made into a movie by John Carpenter. It even had a horrible remake. Look it up and watch it, it's good.
        No that is not right. John Carpenter's The Fog has no relation to James Herbert's The Fog. They are completely different stories.

John Carpenter's The Fog is about undead mariners that take revenge on a small fishing town with the aid of a mysterious fog that sweeps the town.

James Herbert's The Fog is about a deadly fog that is released from underground after an earthquake. The Fog drives people insane when they come into contact with it, turning them into psychotic killers.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Oh, okay

Comment

Have a few more Herbert items, will take some pics today.

Comment

Nice one, Lincoln. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.
              - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                No that is not right. John Carpenter's The Fog has no relation to James Herbert's The Fog. They are completely different stories.

John Carpenter's The Fog is about undead mariners that take revenge on a small fishing town with the aid of a mysterious fog that sweeps the town.

James Herbert's The Fog is about a deadly fog that is released from underground after an earthquake. The Fog drives people insane when they come into contact with it, turning them into psychotic killers.
                Both are awesome though!

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                Have a few more Herbert items, will take some pics today.
                I'm always down for more pics! I know you have the Centipede Press printing of the Fog, I do to, one of my most prized pieces of my collection. Just a beautiful edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  I'm always down for more pics! I know you have the Centipede Press printing of the Fog, I do to, one of my most prized pieces of my collection. Just a beautiful edition.
                  I would definitely love to see photos of the Centipede Press edition of The Fog. Especially if there is interior artwork.
                  - Stephen King

Comment

NEL 1st editions.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hodder started publishing Herbert with 'The Magic Cottage', and they re-released his earlier books as well. These reprintings are quite hard to find, especially in good condition. Still haven't seen 'Lair' for sale anywhere.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some of his later novels, from MacMillan and Harper Collins. 'The Secret of Crickley Hall' is a slipcased signed/ltd, as is 'Haunted' in the photo above this one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

'James Herbert's Dark Places'. Oversize hardcover, full of photo's of the locations used in his novels. Really interesting read.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well that's damn cool!

Comment

Awesome collection of James Herbert hardbacks there Lincoln!

Dark Places looks like an amazing book, I will have to try and get a copy of that!!!
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks for the interest. Here are the Centipede Press Herbert books, '48', 'The Dark', 'The Fog' - apparently the Rats trilogy is coming from them this year.😎
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X