Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    This book has been mentioned on and off here, but it has never been showcased yet - which I think it definitely deserves. It's the most beautiful book I've ever seen.
    I'm talking about Knowing Darkness, Centipede Press' gorgeous collection of King-related artwork.
    A must-have!

sk
    Sweet! I love this book and couldn't agree with you more on the awesomeness of it. I also love the Robert E. Howard books the artwork is striking. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

the artists' signatures:

Comment

fril51- I've never seen the portfolio or the drawings that are pictured. Do you know (or does it say) who the illustrator is that drew the Blaine piece?
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Comment

Siep i LOVE that book, its a work of art. How do you have your copy displayed and which side if any are showing? I ask because i first went with the 'Cylcle of the Werewolf' artwork but my girlfriend described it as horrible :lol: so now its the revised DT 3 artwork

Have you got any other Centipded Press books too, i have 6 others and they are great productions!

Comment

The slipcased plus the traycased editions, side-by-side:

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                fril51- I've never seen the portfolio or the drawings that are pictured. Do you know (or does it say) who the illustrator is that drew the Blaine piece?
                Steve Stone did the one on the traycase. I'm not sure about the other one.

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                Siep i LOVE that book, its a work of art. How do you have your copy displayed and which side if any are showing? I ask because i first went with the 'Cylcle of the Werewolf' artwork but my girlfriend described it as horrible :lol: so now its the revised DT 3 artwork

Have you got any other Centipded Press books too, i have 6 others and they are great productions!
                That it is.
                Therefore, I'm ashamed to admit I do not have my copy displayed at all.
                I have it standing on the floor, with one side against my bookcase, not showcasing either of the two sides.
                The slipcased edition is on the other side.

(I know...I know....)

sk

And no, I don't own any other CP edition - yet!!
                I am planning on buying some of the King movie studies that will be coming out though.
                Plus some of the others which are already available, like the Lovecraft book.
                So, it's sandwiched in between the bookcase and the traycased ed.
                Last edited by frik51; 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Get them out there :P and i have the 3 books by James Herbert and 2 by John Farris, they are great productions and a joy to read!

Comment

Siep, I hope you're planning on picking up a few books while on vacation to add to your collection!

If you see a half price books store anywhere, go check it out. You can pick up some really good books for cheap there!

Comment

No luck so far.
                      But I'm not searching for anything in particular either...
                      And books are very heavy to take back by plane...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        No luck so far.
                        But I'm not searching for anything in particular either...
                        And books are very heavy to take back by plane...

sk
                        Buy a whole bunch and send yourself a package back home!

Comment

Well...I got my first book today.
                          Dan Simmons' Flash back.I know I pre-ordered the limited somewhere, but this is the regular US 1st edition.
                          Simmons hardly ever disappoints.

sk
                          Last edited by frik51; 07-09-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Siep do you have any other s/L's of King's work?

Comment

King's or Simmon's??
                              (I bet you meant Simmons...)

And no, I don't own any of Simmons' limited editions, except for a Dark Harvest (??) Carrion Comfort, but just a trade copy.

Now, if you did mean King, that's another story....

sk

Comment

I meant King lol i've only read one of Simmons works and it was a short story in a zombie anathology and it was one of the best short pieces of fiction i have ever read ... just haven't had the time to read more by him though!

Comment

Working...
                                X