Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incomplete set from the Czech Republic
    (while on holidays, just couldn't carry the whole thing home.....)

Comment

from Sweden (incomplete)
      I LOVE this set, especially The Dark Tower.

Comment

from Italy:

Comment

from Russia, only The Dark Tower:

Comment

Last, but definitely not least, my only Japanese DT edition:

The Drawing of the Three:

Comment

Well, that's all for now.
              If anyone reading this has any King hardcovers for sale not listed here -I mean, Dark Tower editions- don't hesitate to let me know.

THANKS,

Siep

Comment

Oh my, these foreign copies are amazing looking.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Sadly I don't even have his autograph yet, but someday. I did just get his sons through the bookplate deal on his website though.
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Very nice collection, definitely want to get a hold of the English special editions of the Dark Tower series, though whether that happens or not remains to be seen. The Signed and numbered version of IT from CD will be my first King Signature ever, hopefully not the only one
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Frik,

The sets i am extremely jealous of are those Thomas Covenant Volumes! I have paperbacks that I have read and reread and reread--of course, I have the 3 current vols (and waiting for #4)! But the whole collection is great (and like me, you probably have a ton of more you could show!)

Another series I anxiously awaiting the next book in is Barker's Abarat series. Do you have any LEs English or otherwise of those?
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

(trying not to intrude on the thread, Sorry Frik)....

srboone, I had the limiteds of the first two Abarat books, but sold them. I had the 1 of 50 copy ones that had an original drawing. The thing that annoyed me about those books were the pages/artwork were the exact same physical pages as the plaoin trade hardback. Litterally the same. The binding was nice, but I didn't care for the guts of the book being the plain ole book.

Comment

Well, as I noted else where, I'm not really a collector. The value of a book in the market place is all theoretical, until you find someone to pay that much for it. I learned that from my comic book sharp days. The most valueable book I have (from my perpective) is a beat up 1960's HC edition of Hardy Boys#41 "The Clue of the Screeching Owl"--market place value, almost zero, but priceless to me because it was the first "book" I ever read by myself--My kindergarten teacher was suprised when I brought it school one day and actually read her a paragraph out of it. It's one of the last books I would ever consider getting rid of.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            (trying not to intrude on the thread, Sorry Frik)....
                            Oh, intrude as much as you like; I don't mind one bit.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Frik, Do you have any LEs English or otherwise of those?
                            I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.....LEs??
                            Wait...Special Editions?
                            NO!!! Limited Editions!

To answer your quetions, no, I don't own any Barker limiteds.
                            I love his early stuff, and own some hardcovers, but that's it.
                            Actually, I don't really own that many limiteds. Most of them are king related.

sk

Comment

Fantastic collection! The Swedish editions have some amazing artwork!

Comment

I have a question: Will you marry me? lol. FANTASTIC collection!! Thanks for sharing! While all these sets are gorgeous, Blockade Billy is particularly eye catching! Do the baseball cards have "stats" on the back like real ones? The artwork with that set is amazing. I also enjoyed your magazine collection. I collect a couple of different ones so I enjoy seeing magazine covers. Kudos on your supreme dedication!
                                Last edited by misery chastain loves co.; 06-13-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X