No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Inger Edelfeldt just isn't my favorite artist, although some of these paintings are not half bad, like The Black Rider and The Oliphaunt.
    Oh well, back to 1981 for the next one.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      My trip to France? It was cool (weather-wise) and wet. Because of the lousy weather, we didn't do too much sightseeing, which was fine with me, as Full Dark, No Stars was calling out to be read!
      This is where we stayed, in a little village called Dommartin, a couple of hundred kilometers to the south of Paris. The house we stayed at is on this postcard, underneath the trees (barely visible..). I don't take pictures and found this on the internet.

Oops, wrong picture. Oh well, the house is underneath the tree. Tree's visible, house isn't.

sk
      couple hundred kilometers? You need to just measure distance in time like we do here. lol

Comment

Living in Canada, I was used to the miles. Till Canada went metric - pretty smart move, if you ask me. (I know, I know, you didn't...)

sk

Comment

We're still all fucked up down this way. We're half metric, half imperial, half nonsense. And I am aware 3 halfs is impossible, thats part of the nonsense. lol

Comment

Wait, I forgot - you are from Canada! (Never been out to Nova Scotia though.)
            So, then we are measuring distances like you do - what don't I get here??

sk

Comment

we measure ditance in time here. Our signs and shit are kms, our cars obviously and speeds. but If I wanted to describe how far Halifax was from Sydney for example Id say something like "Its about 4 and a half hours from here, 6 if you do the speed limit."

Comment

Umm, isn't that just measuring how long it takes to get to a place?? Distance is distance. Travel time is travel time. Silly Canada.

Comment

I'm not sure if thats a canadian thing er not. We may as well me our own country over here in the Maritimes.

Comment

Hmmm...if Frik51 leaves Northern France for Amsterdam at 0530 and Mr. Woot sits down in front of his computer at 1630 to snipe a 1645 Dolso case auction, how long does it take Teri to send out her first hate of the day? Life is full of it's little quandries...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

2.5 seconds.
                      Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Hmmm...if Frik51 leaves Northern France for Amsterdam at 0530 and Mr. Woot sits down in front of his computer at 1630 to snipe a 1645 Dolso case auction, how long does it take Teri to send out her first hate of the day? Life is full of it's little quandries...

Comment

If these messages all went to my blackberry then that answer might be correct, but they don't

Comment

No, no, no bookworm. You've got to take into account the 15 minutes of auction time for Mr. Woot. Then remember that French time and AU time are off by 13 hours. And then there's the issue of when Teri wakes up...

The proper answer is -3min & 21sec. Teri sends out hate in her sleep
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Tried to make sense of time and distance, and distance and time, and relative bi-dimensional time travel ... and ...

ExplodingHead.jpg

My head exploded ...............

Comment

So I guess no one really liked Miss Edelfeldt art - well, neither did I.

The one coming up is from Ralph Bakshi's film - very much underrated, I think.

sk

Comment

Last edited by frik51; 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X