Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Very nice Siep! I'll need to pick that one up (Book of Horrors). Where did you find a signed regular edition?
    Forbidden Planet (London).
    Maybe they have some signed copies left.

sk

Comment

A few more additions I received lately:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      And back to Disney: gorgeous set of books; and not expensive at all.
                      Terry, did you get one?

I've got Race to Death Valley as the single volume, but haven't read it yet. Earlier you mentioned the Dracula graphic novel being the first you've seen. Jon J. Muth did a gorgeous volume back in the 80s called Dracula: A Symphony in Moonlight and Nightmares. It's not a straight adaptation, in fact if I remember right, it's a bit more like the Frank Langella version of the story. And as for GDT's "At the Mountains of Madness", I'm a bit of an IMDb junkie and the last news I saw was that the studio dropped the deal since it would be too expensive and have an R rating. Have you heard that it is back on?
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        Earlier you mentioned the Dracula graphic novel being the first you've seen. Jon J. Muth did a gorgeous volume back in the 80s called Dracula: A Symphony in Moonlight and Nightmares. It's not a straight adaptation, in fact if I remember right, it's a bit more like the Frank Langella version of the story.
                        I'll see if I can find it. Sounds intriguing.

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        And as for GDT's "At the Mountains of Madness", I'm a bit of an IMDb junkie and the last news I saw was that the studio dropped the deal since it would be too expensive and have an R rating. Have you heard that it is back on?
                        If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that AtMoM is too close to GdT's heart to let go. It has been his dream project for years and he's still determined to have it made.
                        (But, this could be wishful thinking on my part...)

sk

Comment

Nice additions Siep

Comment

I like Vincent Chong's artwork on the cover of your 11.22.63 editions.

Those Disney books look fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                              Those Disney books look fun.
                              Oh, they are.
                              There's another nice item on its way over here...

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                              Nice additions Siep
                              Thanks, Grant.

Comment

I got fed up with adding to this thread, but I'm making an exception for Dolso's amazing 11/22/63 slipcase.
                                Go get one - you won't regret it!

[email protected]

(hope you don't mind this plug, Dick!)

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X