Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus my DVDs/BDs.
    Not runnung out of room - yet.
    Maybe I should switch to digital copies only....
    Nah. I really like the physical product.

Comment

It's pretty awesome! I haven't been able to set it up since moving into my apartment (don't have enough space) but I have a digital projector I used use on a wall back at my parents place to much the same effect. Better yet, we scavenged a 15 foot long motorized projector screen, which used to be mounted on the outside of our garage which we had "Drive In Movies" on minus the car. We've since moved it inside the garage, because it was an eyesore and it get more use being out of the elements. Next time I'm up home I'll snap a picture or two to show you guys the awesomeness.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Please do, Dan. I've been considering a digital projector, but for now I'm quite satisfied with what I've got.
        Still.......a 15 foot screen??!!

sk

Comment

Sweet .... very sweet .... Siep

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Please do, Dan. I've been considering a digital projector, but for now I'm quite satisfied with what I've got.
            Still.......a 15 foot screen??!!

sk
            Yea we pulled it out of an old IBM building we where converting back into a warehouse. The thing is huge and weighs about 12 tons.... lol.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Awesome, Siep! I'd like to have one one day, but I've been saying that for 15 years...I've got the movie collection, tho!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Awesome, Siep! I'd like to have one one day, but I've been saying that for 15 years...I've got the movie collection, tho!
                Don't even get me started on DVD collections - yet another vice I have (although Connie's largely to blame on this one)

Comment

Good call on the I Love Lucy set! Great show!

Comment

Good call on the X-files as well! They were on sale at Best Buy a few years ago for $15 a season, was cheaper to buy them that way than buying the whole set.

Have a friend who had a projector set up in his old apartment but no longer uses it as the bulb went out and was expensive to replace
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

So, I bought the seasons as the came out at 69.99 a pop. I got'em that's what's important. Watched em when they were new on TV and had weekend marathons with my friends when they came out. Post-modern Prometheus is still as good as it gets, even after 20+ veiwings. And 24 rocked for 8 memorable seasons. Nice collection, Siep!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks, Squire. The X-files has always been my favorite series - ever. With 24 and Columbo a close second/third. I used to own the complete series, but sold a couple of seasons some years ago. I don't know if it's out on BD yet. if so, I just might buy the whole series all over again.
                        Anyone recognize the series from the photo to the right, top shelf, left, beside the trophy? (My dad's, btw).

sk

Comment

Dark Shadows, right? And what was the trophy for?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, the X-files is my second favorite favorite series of all time. First is Quantum Leap. Always has been.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Dark Shadows, right? And what was the trophy for?
                              Yes, Dark Shadows.
                              I first came across Barnabas Collins in the pages of Famous Monsters of Filmland. I was terribly impressed with this Gogos cover

and just wished I could watch this series. Well, not in my country.
                              And thanks to DVD, now I can. Of course, it's all terribly slow and far from scary. But it is a lot of fun. Time to buy another collection - I'm up to #8.

My dad was an excellent checkers player (I'm more into chess myself). He participated in many a championship and often ended up #1. When he passed away my brother and I divided his trophies, medals and other awards.

sk
                              Last edited by frik51; 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Well, the X-files is my second favorite favorite series of all time. First is Quantum Leap. Always has been.
                                I'm afraid I have to admit I've never seen a single episode of Quantum Leap. What makes it so special?

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X