• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I decided to cancel my order....

sk
    How come, if I may ask?

Comment

I seem to be developing another addiction: Robert Ervin Howard. I used to read him in the sixties and seventies, bought the Conan comics faithfully and just recently discovered there are amazing editions of his work out there. Like this one:

Last edited by frik51; 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

(flash!!)

Comment

No one illustrated Howard better than Frazetta did:

(darn flash!)

Last edited by frik51; 09-05-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            How come, if I may ask?
            As I posted elsewhere, I've got more than 20 limited (and not so limited) books on pre-order, plus countless blu-ray sets. It's getting a bit too much.
            So, I decided to cancel the non-essentials, like the DT set (which I'm sure I'll buy one day), and even the upcoming Star Wars BD set. I even didn't buy the Lord of the Rings BD set - yet.

sk

Comment

Ahh, yes, well good call. I can see how that would be a bit too much of a strain on the wallet, with so many orders still incoming.

Comment

That artwork is incredible!

Comment

I never planned on preordering the DT Omnibus. I figure I should be able to get it on the secondary market (eBay, etc.) cheaper than the issue price (which I consider excessive.)

John

Comment

What an excellent sampling. Your collection must be fantastic. I can tell it brings you a great of joy, not jst to have it, but to share it.
                    Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike.
                      True - I am rather fond of my collection, as are we all, I'm sure.
                      (Haha, I don't mean mine, but ones own, of course..)

Love adding to it, love sharing here.

sk
                      Last edited by frik51; 09-05-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

frik~I love those Howard books. The artwork brings back many fond memories of summers spent reading those great oversized Conan magazines! Thanks for sharing.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My pleasure.

Now, I don't think I posted any issues of FM (Famous Monsters of Filmland) yet. Another addiction I acquired decades ago. FM was first published in 1958 and was only available in the US and the UK (I believe). I discovered my first issue (#50) some ten years later, of all places, in my home town in the Netherlands. Lightning strukck and I have bought each and every issue since.
                          Fast forward half a century or so, FM (3.0 by now) is still around and issue #258 is about to be published.
                          Don't worry, I won't post the hundreds of issues I've got (yet.... ) - just the last couple of issues. New trend: variant covers. Nice, but expensive.

sk
                          Last edited by frik51; 09-09-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

Last issue - three variant covers. My favorite (of course) is the Rick Baker (He's the artist who drew this cover) Frankenstein issue. Why of course? Because Karloff's Frankenstein is my all-time favorite horror icon.

Comment

FM is still selling well, so the new owner/publisher is coming up with some great stuff.
                                Hope will be the first in a long running series:

Comment

Working...
                                X