Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Born in 1977. Horror wasn't allowed in the house. Got busted once when I tried to sneak in a copy of McCammon's Stinger (the one with the claw coming out of the ground on the cover). I had to resort to just reading the jacket info at the library. Sometimes those were scarier than the actual book!

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    born in 1986 and no one cares what I read!

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Great gift! My parents are open minded enough to care very little about what I read as kid, and neither are very religious (if at all), but neither liked horror as well.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    lol, I was born in '81. My mom definitely wouldn't enjoy horror, but that's ok, lol. She doesn't do any reading anymore hardly because of her eyes, but I know she used to, just not stuff I would have enjoyed! I definitely wouldn't show her some stuff I read and plan to write. Might not even show her the story I am slowly working on that I started for NaNoWriMo, though it is not horror. Just might not agree with her religious views, lol. Then again, what I am writing isn't meant to be offensive and she's got more of an open mind about some things than when I was a little kid. I think if she didn't have more of an open mind she likely wouldn't approve of that shirt and wouldn't have bought it for me!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Young whippersnapper!

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    I was born in 1973.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    HA! My mother still wonders what the big deal with horror stories is. Of course, she's been wondering about that since at least 1973, when she caught me reading HP Lovecraft!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    What cool parents.Nice.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Got this in this in the mail recently, which I won through LibraryThing

DSC01442.jpg

Won this through the publisher's Facebook page and got it in the mail a few days ago. Have a few Meikle titles on my Kindle, but this is my first physical book by him

DSC01443.jpgDSC01444.jpg

I recently shared the new CD shirt on Facebook mentioning I wish I could afford it. Then, on Monday I got a surprise package from Cemetery Dance. Turns out my parents decided to surprise me with the shirt!

DSC01445.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Does this mean i should have gotten that instead of Shadow of the Dark Angel as a Killercon freebie?
    Wasn't there but got it when I bought Dance of the Blue Lady from him.
    Don't know, this will be the first book of his that I read as it is the only one I even own. I do plan to get Rusting Chickens and The Blue Heron though when I have more money to purchase them.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Does this mean i should have gotten that instead of Shadow of the Dark Angel as a Killercon freebie?
    Wasn't there but got it when I bought Dance of the Blue Lady from him.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Agreed, it is sweet and awesome. I did make a mistake though, I got it through Dark Regions, not Darkfuse, lol

Really like the cover of this one and find it much better than the trade edition that was published in 2002. This edition is longer than that one too. After a couple of books I got in exchange for reviews I will likely be reading this one.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment: