X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I remember watching that movie too and being very upset by it, of course I was really young, later on I saw Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, which is loosely based on Ottis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas and was further disturbed by the whole thing, even though Adam's death isn't dealt with in that movie, it's still creepy to this day
    I have Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer in my Netflix instant queue, though I still need to watch it

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I'm too young to have experiences this one too, but I sure as hell remember Jacob Wetterling being abducted here in MN! I was a kid, but I still remember it.

Thanks for the link Subie, added it to my shopping cart, though who knows when I'll buy it, lol
    Last edited by RJK1981; 07-23-2014, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Haven't seen the movie. Didn't know there was one, but am not surprised one was done (would be more surprising if a movie was never done). What is the movie called?
    It's called simply Adam. Probably freaked out every parent who saw it. I know mine were paranoid after the abduction. I was eight years old when it happened and ten when the TV movie aired.

http://amzn.com/B005BCE79M

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085136/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    That book looks interesting. I was a kid when Adam was abducted and still remember it well. I've been thinking recently I'd like to rewatch the TV movie with Daniel J Travanti and JoBeth Williams.
    I remember watching that movie too and being very upset by it, of course I was really young, later on I saw Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, which is loosely based on Ottis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas and was further disturbed by the whole thing, even though Adam's death isn't dealt with in that movie, it's still creepy to this day

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    The 11-15 numbers represent the year of that the book was printed in.

I'm too young to have experienced the story first hand but I do know of Walsh and Ottis Toole.
    Ah, ok, never knew that about the number line. Either way, I know it is a first since it also says first edition further up. Not that it matters, that book isn't going to be a collectible

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    That book looks interesting. I was a kid when Adam was abducted and still remember it well. I've been thinking recently I'd like to rewatch the TV movie with Daniel J Travanti and JoBeth Williams.
    Haven't seen the movie. Didn't know there was one, but am not surprised one was done (would be more surprising if a movie was never done). What is the movie called?

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    The 11-15 numbers represent the year of that the book was printed in.

I'm too young to have experienced the story first hand but I do know of Walsh and Ottis Toole.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    This came in the mail today. Likely will bring it on vacation to possibly read up there
    Don't know if I have ever seen a number line that went up 15 before

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    This came in the mail today. Likely will bring it on vacation to possibly read up there

DSC01472.jpg

Don't know if I have ever seen a number line that went up 15 before

DSC01473.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Went to Half Price Books and found a copy of this in nearly new condition

DSC01464.jpgDSC01465.jpgDSC01466.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Got this in the mail a couple days ago. Got it for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. Read the first couple chapters of it today and am liking it so far, so that's good. It's Science Fiction, so not what I have mainly been reading lately, but I am a fan of the genre. And heck, just finished Prophet of the Ghost Ants, which is also not the type of book I have been reading lately. Definitely enjoyed reading that one

Front and back covers

DSC01459.jpgDSC01460.jpg

Personalized signature and a business card that I am using as my bookmark for this

DSC01461.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Ha, he has written it. A chapter from it is in the PB of The Twelve as a bonus. From what I understand it has been delayed in the US til after this year, though I am not completely sure, but I do know it isn't even listed on Amazon.com. It is listed on Amazon.co.uk as coming out there this coming October, which I though I also saw on the US site in the past.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Awesome! Now if Cronin would only start writing the final book.....

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    You guys are absolutely right, the gift editions of IT are super-cool, and I'm extremely happy with mine. To quote Frasier Crane, "If less is more, just think of how much more more would be." I just caught on to the whole thing a little too late and missed my shot at the limited. My favorite King book, and the CD limited looks just like money.

Glimpses is horror, but it reaches your heart. I saw you purchased John R. Little's The Grey Zone, and it performs in a similar way. Brilliant, scary and touching.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Very cool collection! Saw a few Rick Hautala's in there, and I can't recommend his best of short story collection, Glimpses, highly enough. I'm even trying to get my mom to read the story 'A Good Day for Dragons' found within.

I am now also convinced that I am the only person on the planet who doesn't have the limited CD edition of It, though how that's possible I'm not sure. I did manage to get a copy of the gift, and tried for the limited once on ebay but got priced out at the end. I am jealous of everyone in the world.
    Ha, the limited of IT is a great thing. Likely going to be the only Limited Stephen King book I'll ever have though. The gift editions are great too.

I have a copy of Glimpses on my Kindle that I have yet to read. I'll probably get to it at some point, but don't do all that well with reading books of short stories

Leave a comment:

Working...
X