No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 11-15 numbers represent the year of that the book was printed in.

I'm too young to have experienced the story first hand but I do know of Walsh and Ottis Toole.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      That book looks interesting. I was a kid when Adam was abducted and still remember it well. I've been thinking recently I'd like to rewatch the TV movie with Daniel J Travanti and JoBeth Williams.
      Haven't seen the movie. Didn't know there was one, but am not surprised one was done (would be more surprising if a movie was never done). What is the movie called?
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        The 11-15 numbers represent the year of that the book was printed in.

I'm too young to have experienced the story first hand but I do know of Walsh and Ottis Toole.
        Ah, ok, never knew that about the number line. Either way, I know it is a first since it also says first edition further up. Not that it matters, that book isn't going to be a collectible
        Spoiler!

Comment

That book looks interesting. I was a kid when Adam was abducted and still remember it well. I've been thinking recently I'd like to rewatch the TV movie with Daniel J Travanti and JoBeth Williams.
          I remember watching that movie too and being very upset by it, of course I was really young, later on I saw Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, which is loosely based on Ottis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas and was further disturbed by the whole thing, even though Adam's death isn't dealt with in that movie, it's still creepy to this day

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            Haven't seen the movie. Didn't know there was one, but am not surprised one was done (would be more surprising if a movie was never done). What is the movie called?
            It's called simply Adam. Probably freaked out every parent who saw it. I know mine were paranoid after the abduction. I was eight years old when it happened and ten when the TV movie aired.

http://amzn.com/B005BCE79M

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085136/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Comment

I'm too young to have experiences this one too, but I sure as hell remember Jacob Wetterling being abducted here in MN! I was a kid, but I still remember it.

Thanks for the link Subie, added it to my shopping cart, though who knows when I'll buy it, lol
              Last edited by RJK1981; 07-23-2014, 05:05 AM.
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                I remember watching that movie too and being very upset by it, of course I was really young, later on I saw Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, which is loosely based on Ottis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas and was further disturbed by the whole thing, even though Adam's death isn't dealt with in that movie, it's still creepy to this day
                I have Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer in my Netflix instant queue, though I still need to watch it
                Spoiler!

Comment

Prepare to be disturbed. The home invasion scene is gutwrenching.

Comment

I'm too young to have experiences this one too, but I sure as hell remember Jacob Wetterling being abducted here in MN! I was a kid, but I still remember it.

Thanks for the link Subie, added it to my shopping cart, though who knows when I'll buy it, lol
                    Here's a couple links that I just came across. The first is for the full movie on youtube:

Adam

The second is for a sequel which I had never heard about until I was looking on IMDb:

Adam: His Song Continues

Comment

Here's a couple links that I just came across. The first is for the full movie on youtube:

Adam

The second is for a sequel which I had never heard about until I was looking on IMDb:

Adam: His Song Continues
                      Awesome, thanks! Now if only the TV in my living room was a Smart TV, then I could watch the Youtube videos right on my TV. I do have the ability to view webpages since I have a PS3 hooked up to it though, so I may have to see if that would work for me as I'd obviously rather watch on my TV
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Awesome, thanks! Now if only the TV in my living room was a Smart TV, then I could watch the Youtube videos right on my TV. I do have the ability to view webpages since I have a PS3 hooked up to it though, so I may have to see if that would work for me as I'd obviously rather watch on my TV
                        You can watch youtube videos through your PS3. There's a youtube app, it's pretty great, you can even control it through a smartphone if you have one.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here's the youtube link for the sequel if that's easier for your PS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnUOoHsH5c

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            You can watch youtube videos through your PS3. There's a youtube app, it's pretty great, you can even control it through a smartphone if you have one.
                            Here's the youtube link for the sequel if that's easier for your PS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnUOoHsH5c
                            Awesome, thank you both!

I'd ask how to control the Youtube app from my phone, but I am quite sure I'll be able to figure that out without too much trouble when I actually get around to watching these, which will likely not be for more than a week since I am going to be going up to the cabin Sat. morning
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Wow, this got here today! Was definitely not expecting it to get here until I was already on vacation since the projected arrival a couple days ago said the 28th. Decided to see if it still said the 28th today only to find out it now said it would get here today! I go to see if it was outside the door only to find it got here before my wife left to go shopping with her mom to get food for up at the cabin and that the package got here before she left. Now I have more thinking to do about what books to bring with me, lol. Most likely I will be bringing this one, though I'm not entirely sure yet.

DSC01474.jpg
                              DSC01475.jpg
                              DSC01477.jpg
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Take it with you!! It's a fantastic read!!

Comment

Working...
                                X