No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! My mother still wonders what the big deal with horror stories is. Of course, she's been wondering about that since at least 1973, when she caught me reading HP Lovecraft!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was born in 1973.

Comment

Young whippersnapper!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

lol, I was born in '81. My mom definitely wouldn't enjoy horror, but that's ok, lol. She doesn't do any reading anymore hardly because of her eyes, but I know she used to, just not stuff I would have enjoyed! I definitely wouldn't show her some stuff I read and plan to write. Might not even show her the story I am slowly working on that I started for NaNoWriMo, though it is not horror. Just might not agree with her religious views, lol. Then again, what I am writing isn't meant to be offensive and she's got more of an open mind about some things than when I was a little kid. I think if she didn't have more of an open mind she likely wouldn't approve of that shirt and wouldn't have bought it for me!
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Great gift! My parents are open minded enough to care very little about what I read as kid, and neither are very religious (if at all), but neither liked horror as well.

Comment

born in 1986 and no one cares what I read!

Comment

Born in 1977. Horror wasn't allowed in the house. Got busted once when I tried to sneak in a copy of McCammon's Stinger (the one with the claw coming out of the ground on the cover). I had to resort to just reading the jacket info at the library. Sometimes those were scarier than the actual book!

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                  born in 1986 and no one cares what I read!
                  I as well! Very good year!

Comment

Wow Squire I guess we are the babysitters of this bunch of youngsters.whose diaper needs changing?

Comment

I'm a 1973 also - I honestly never read much as far as novels go - I was into I did like stuff revolving around dinosaurs (but what kid doesn't!), but was more of a TV/video gamer (go Colecovision!) than a reader, although my Dad had a huge sci-fi book collection (sci-fi book club) of stuff like Asimov, Clarke, the Star Trek and Star Wars books, Anne McAffery (sp?). I do remember trying to tackle Dragon Riders of Pern as a grade school kid for a read-a-thon....didn't get far. Book order forms at school usually resulted in ordering a dinosaur or nature book or a Garfield comic book.

I kind of wish a was encouraged to read more as a kid, as I really missed out on a lot I think now. I even worked at a small independant book store as my first job at 16 or 17 years old, but still never got into reading much - meanwhile I had the chance at new releases, etc. Idiot!!!
                      Last edited by TJCams; 03-19-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Got my newest book from a Goodreads win (that I didn't know I'd won, lol) and the newest CD magazine last week but got distracted when I was going to post pics. Figured I'd post pics now before I get my package tomorrow. Also realized I forgot to post a pic of an ARC I won from Darkfuse.

DSC01447.jpgDSC01449.jpgDSC01450.jpg
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Very nice!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Cool stuff. I am half way through the new Cemetery Dance magazine. As well as the new Dark Discoveries magazine. Both are great so far...however the Bentley Little story in Dark Discoveries I like better than the one in Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Corrosion was a damned good, if deeply disturbing, book, so I'm looking forward to Factory Town.

Comment

Woke up to a large box waiting for me on the dining room table

Love the wraparound cover for this!

DSC01451.jpg

And of course the signature page with the excellent art and matching number to my copy of The Passage

DSC01454.jpg
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X