No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bookcase and portfolio! How bout a detail on the Whelan dragons?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Liking the KBP! And very nice cases! Can;t wait until I move as well. Would finally love to get all my books out on shelves, maybe even have a small reading corner...

Comment

Here are closer pictures of the statues I have. I actually have a fountain as well, but that hasn't been unpacked from my move as I haven't found a place to put it yet, lol

DSC00984.jpg
        DSC00985.jpg
        DSC00986.jpg
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

I like my bookshelves too. They are definitely not anything special though, that is for sure. They cost me around $15 each and are only 3 shelves each, but they look nice and aren't falling apart, lol. I only had one when I moved, but once I knew they were crap and didn't have any problem surviving a move I bought another, and if I move again this year into a bigger apartment in the same complex I'll probably buy another 1 or 2. I have a 5 shelf just like those as well, but I like these ones better as they move easier and can have stuff displayed on top of them and on the walls above them
          Spoiler!

Comment

Just picked this up from the post office this morning. Actually found it at an affordable price. I'd love to have the other 2 books from the first Maelstrom set, but those are likely going to be a lot more expensive since Brian Keene limiteds tend to cost more than a lot of others.

DSC00990.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00997.jpg
            Spoiler!

Comment

Nice adds.I too wish I had jumped at the first maelstrom series.

Comment

I wasn't quite aware of the series when it first came out, but I probably wouldn't have had the money for it anyway at the time. Luckily got the 2nd (2 sets actually, one from Thunderstorm and 1 from CD) and should be able to get the 3rd when it is offered for sale.
                Spoiler!

Comment

Those dragons are way cool !!!!

Comment

Whelan's Dragon are great! Beats the box file I have my mags in!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, if I had the money and the space I'd get the whole series of those dragons. They were from The Franklin Mint and may be available for purchase from them still for all I know. There are two statues available on Whelan's site though, one for $285 and the other on sale for $250
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Whelan's Dragon are great! Beats the box file I have my mags in!
                        The box file is probably easier to use though, lol. Took some trial and error to find the proper positioning in order for the magazines to be properly supported while also showing off the statues
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I could get a nice SK flatsigned or s/l for that...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yea but you do not have those cool Dragons.....and you know you want them

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              Yea but you do not have those cool Dragons.....and you know you want them
                              Exactly, lol. And I never said they were cheap!

Not only that but they may be more likely to get comments than most books. Well, other than the whole "why do you have 3 copies of the same book", lol
                              Spoiler!

Comment

or 4, or 5, or 6 ... but, they're not the same ... exactly ... are they ... nope ....

Comment

Working...
                                X